Blades Exmark Mulch Blades

Bomba

Threads
My Exmark Pioneer 60" has recently started to leave "clumps" of grass sitting on top of my lawn after I mow. I have the mulch kit on it and it is only 40 hours old. I have not sharpened my blades yet. Should I do so? I use it for home use only. I bought an impact wrench yesterday, so maybe today I can finally get the blades off.

Exmark fan

Threads
Sharpen the blades and make sure the under sidelight the deck is cleaned out. Wet grass will stick to it and then fall off in clumps

jzyla12

Threads
The purpose of a mulch kit is obvious, it mulches whatever you run over up and drops it where it was cut. You're getting clumps because mulch kits are made for really short grass or fall clean ups. In the summer time you need to have mulch kit off and if you need to double cut, cut at one notch higher than you originally cut to spread the grass further

Threads
In the summer time you need to have mulch kit off and if you need to double cut, cut at one notch higher than you originally cut to spread the grass further

Why would you take it off in the summer? Summertime is when the grass is drying out and grows slower so wouldn't it be easier to mulch than the lush grass in the spring? :confused:

jzyla12

Threads
If you cut at correct heights the grass will not die. Mulch kits are pointless unless you're doing clean ups

Bomba

Threads
Thanks guys for your input. It was the blades. I sharpened them and now it's cutting like it did when I bought it. The difference is incredible! The mower is just 40 hours old so I didn't think they would need to be sharpened just yet. I will be sharpening more frequently from now on.

Bomba

Threads
FANATIC, thanks for the link.