Exmark Kawasaki FX730V not starting

Jimmac

Threads
I have a Lazer Z with the Kawasaki FX730 motor. It was surging and stalling frequently. Would run choked even with PTO engaged but eventually die.
I replaced the easy stuff (fuel pump, filter, air filter) and then changed the oil and oil filter. Still having problems so I tested the spark plugs, they were both sparking but one of the coils was reading a short.
Replaced both ignition coils and carburetor.

Now, it’ll turn over but not start. It’s low on fuel but there’s enough that it should start. All connections (electrical, mechanical and fuel lines) are as they should be. I’m scratching my head…

Any suggestions?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you tried putting a small amount of fuel into the intake and trying to start it. If it starts and then dies then you have a fuel delivery issue which could be something as simple as the fuel solenoid on the bottom of the carb not working. If it doesn't start then maybe look more into the igntion spark issue

Jimmac

Threads
Have you tried putting a small amount of fuel into the intake and trying to start it. If it starts and then dies then you have a fuel delivery issue which could be something as simple as the fuel solenoid on the bottom of the carb not working. If it doesn't start then maybe look more into the igntion spark issue
I sprayed starter in the intake and still nothing. Will try changing the plugs but I am getting a spark at both with a tester attached.

Jimmac

Threads
Well I changed the plugs and it started. Ran at pretty low rpm for a few minutes and would die when driving forward. Did that twice and then started running normally third time. It’s raining here so can’t run her for a few days so will see…

Jimmac

Threads
Well it was running great, better than ever actually. I mowed for 20 mins and then stopped to talk to my wife. Killed the engine while we talked and the. Got back on 5 mins later. Now it won’t start?!?!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds cold blooded. Did you choke it for the restart ?