Engine

Hd47knuckle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a motor that rolls all the way around and stops. Turn the motor an 1/8 of a turn rolls and stops at the same point everytime. rebuilt the starter and the flywheel looks fine. Any ideas would be helpful thanks for your time. motor is a 15.5 Briggs

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remove the spark plug and tell us if it does a complete revolution. Cylinder may be full of gas or compression release not working. My bet is gas in the cylinder. Also, check the oil level.

Tinkerer200

Threads
I have a motor that rolls all the way around and stops. Turn the motor an 1/8 of a turn rolls and stops at the same point everytime. rebuilt the starter and the flywheel looks fine. Any ideas would be helpful thanks for your time. motor is a 15.5 Briggs

I can send you detailed Instructions for adjusting valves which includes test for compression release IF you like. Address below, put in proper format and remind me engine model number and what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Over Head Valves or Side Valve engine ?
Dose it do a compete revolution or rotates in either direction & stops at the same point ?

Hd47knuckle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Removed the plug engine rolls freely. It is overhead valve engine and put plug back in and did the same thing. My question is where is the compression relief located. thanks for the replies. any help is appreciated!! P.S. oil level is fine.

Tinkerer200

Threads
When wanting advice on an engine it is important to post the engine make and model number as there is often more than one engine fitting the general description you gave. In this case I am guessing it is either a 28 or 31 series B&S. IF so, the compression release will be located on the camshaft and utilizing the INTAKE valve.

I can send you a Service Manual for your engine IF you like. Address below, put in proper format and include the engine model number and what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

Hd47knuckle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Motor is a 15.5 OHV Briggs and straton and no it does not make a full revolution

Tinkerer200

Threads
Your engine will have the model number most likely stamped in the valve cover OR if it is older, on a tag beside the flywheel opening.

Walt Conner