Engine Engine

Bomba

Threads
Hey guys. My exmark is 65 hours old. I changed the oil after 5 hours as recommended. When should I change the oil again?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What does your manual say and what type of conditions were included in the 65 hours?

Bomba

Threads
The manual is vague in that it says every 100 hours but later it says 50-70 hours if operating under extreme conditions. I live in Georgia where it gets very hot
, but I only use the mower on my property which is just over 5 acres.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are using it during those very hot days, that is extreme conditions. Time to change the oil and filter.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The manual is vague in that it says every 100 hours but later it says 50-70 hours if operating under extreme conditions. I live in Georgia where it gets very hot , but I only use the mower on my property which is just over 5 acres.

With all the rain rain we have had this year in Georgia I changed my oil about 100 hours. Now that fall is here and we have not been getting rain and yards are very dry and dusty I have gone to 50 hours.
Your cutting 5 acres if you get a lot of dust I would go with every 50 hours.
Would not worry about the heat it never got hot here this summer.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Hey guys. My exmark is 65 hours old. I changed the oil after 5 hours as recommended. When should I change the oil again?

I would recommend about every 50-75 hours but if hot an dusty go for 50 :thumbsup:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
As I see it no one has the same idea at to type of oil or hours. I change mine every 100 hrs. with Amsoil.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
When I last worked at a Dixie Chopper dealer, they pushed the "breakin" oil change which was hilarious... Chopper filled both the engine and trans with
a very expensive oil that I won't mention, and the oil drained off of these units looked brand new, so I would take it home and put in my equipment...

At $30 or so a gallon, I wasn't going to pour it into the waste barrel!!!! The stuff worked good too!