engine upgrade time!

Alanky

Threads
Friend of a friend was ready to toss out this 19.5hp twin powered craftsman with a stripped steering gear.

IMAG0326.jpg

Meet the 41 inch snapper extra tough RER. 12hp briggs I/C

IMAG0327.jpg

12hp removed

IMAG0330.jpg

19.5hp, pulley bolted on and sitting on there. Had to trim off the part of.the seat bracket that holds the fuel tank to clear the carb.

IMAG0331.jpg

Alanky

Threads
Here you can see the trimmed seat bracket. Scratching my head at an exhaust and fuel system at this.point. Was going to weld the part I trimmed off that originally held.the fuel tank up farther, and it fit but when you sat into the seat it pushed the tank back and into the air cleaner.

IMAG0332-1.jpg

Here's the exhaust. My good friend mark gets the.credit for all this.

IMAG0334.jpg

No idea what this.muffler actually is, but it came off a farmall super A

IMAG0337.jpg

mounted an old bunton fuel tank I had. Becoming quite the franken-mower!

IMAG0340.jpg

Haven't mowed with it yet, but it runs good! Twin engine.turns more RPM, so its just a touch faster. Not.much, but enough to notice!

scott47429

Threads
awesome job i would have never thought it would be that easy to to go that big on a snapper with so little mods i hope you put it in a few mower pulls lol wheres the turbo

Snapperfreak

Threads
That is freaking AWESOME! I have never seen an old RER with that big of an engine before, I don't even think the newer ones come that big (maybe 17hp biggest I've seen). And that fuel tank is very cool, I like that way better than making a stock one work. That is absolutely one of the coolest RERs I've seen. Hats off to ya man, very nice.:thumbsup:

chobbs1957

Threads
Here you can see the trimmed seat bracket. Scratching my head at an exhaust and fuel system at this.point. Was going to weld the part I trimmed off that originally held.the fuel tank up farther, and it fit but when you sat into the seat it pushed the tank back and into the air cleaner.

Here's the exhaust. My good friend mark gets the.credit for all this.

No idea what this.muffler actually is, but it came off a farmall super A

mounted an old bunton fuel tank I had. Becoming quite the franken-mower!

Haven't mowed with it yet, but it runs good! Twin engine.turns more RPM, so its just a touch faster. Not.much, but enough to notice!

:thumbsup:

That thing is just too KEWL! I appreciate your sharing. When you mow, let's see some pics! Better yet, video?

metz12

Threads
i want to get a rear engine rider and make it go fast! like a go cart pretty much.