Engine oil mishap!

Rickcin

Threads
For some reason it seems as though the oil filter on my lawn tractor gradually loosened up with use and I now have oil & debris covering the lower part of the engine and heavily covering the front frame below the filter & oil drain tube.

Im thinking I should spray on some degreaser and either hose off with a garden hose or use a pressure washer to clean the entire area?

Is it okay to spray the lower part of the engine & should it be done with the engine running? Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve never had a problem using a pressure washer to clean units. Using a degreaser before to cut through the crud is a good idea. I alway clean with the engine off and use compressed air to dry the unit.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would at least use the lowest pressure tip if using a pressure washer as you can damage seals and gaskets using high pressure. Now of course I thinking using 4000 psi capable washer pumps and those 2700 psi max pumps.

Rickcin

Threads
I would at least use the lowest pressure tip if using a pressure washer as you can damage seals and gaskets using high pressure. Now of course I thinking using 4000 psi capable washer pumps and those 2700 psi max pumps.
I do have a small electric pressure washer and I will be careful when using it.