Engine dies

tom2087

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Group,
I have a Hustler Raptor with a 42" cut. The engine is Kawasaki 21.5 horsepower. I was mowing in moderately heavy grass and the mower died. The engine will restart and run at any throttle setting. When I engage the handles (either one), or the electric clutch, the engine dies. What could be the cause of this? Thanks for your time. Tom

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Could be a couple of things, ignition system cutting out due to a bad safety switch or fuel related due to net enough fuel when a load is put on the system. Purchase an inline spark tester and with an assistant in the seat watch to see if you lose spark when the handles or PTO is engaged. If you loose spark you have an electrical problem. If the spark is not lost, we have a fuel problem. When you post back with your results, be sure to include ALL unit and engine numbers.

tom2087

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your reply. It was a faulty seat switch. I disconnected the wires from the seat switch, and connected them to a blade type fuse. Everything works like it is supposed to. I appreciate your help!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for your reply. It was a faulty seat switch. I disconnected the wires from the seat switch, and connected them to a blade type fuse. Everything works like it is supposed to. I appreciate your help!
Seat switch is amost never a problem unless you are bouncing over rough surfaces .
However because t is easy to see then all the brain dead morons with an IQ smaller than there shoe size and an ego wider than the Golden Gate Bridge will post how it was the problem & how to bypass it