engine 128602-0215-E1 (craftsman 917378781

Rleveroni

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had to replaced the crankshaft and the flywheel and now the mower does not start. I am usually very handy with motors but this time I cannot figured out why the mower wont start, I have check the spark and make sure that the carburetor is clean but does not start.
Any ideas?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Either you didn't get the timing marks lined up on the crankshaft/camshaft, or possibly the flywheel sheared after assembly, due to improper torque.

Rleveroni

Forum Newbie
Threads
Either you didn't get the timing marks lined up on the crankshaft/camshaft, or possibly the flywheel sheared after assembly, due to improper torque.

I did follow the service manual for the crankshaft and camshaft timing marks, I did make sure when I rotate the crankshaft the camshaft will move accordingly.

Followed the specs for torque 100lbs.

Rleveroni

Forum Newbie
Threads

ILENGINE,

I was able to start the engine today, but I have a problem with the RPM's, it seems to me that it running way to high, I don't a a tachometer but I can hear the engine just reeving way too high. I was looking at the service manual but is not really clear for me how to resolve this problem.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
ILENGINE,Amazon.com : Briggs & Stratton 19200 Tachometer : Lawn And Garden Tool Replacement Parts : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I was able to start the engine today, but I have a problem with the RPM's, it seems to me that it running way to high, I don't a a tachometer but I can hear the engine just reeving way too high. I was looking at the service manual but is not really clear for me how to resolve this problem.

Lawn Mower Parts, Small Engine Parts & Much More! | PartsTree.com - Briggs, MTD, Toro, Cub Cadet, Husqvarna, Troy-bilt... You probably have this information for your engine.

Adjusting the Governor | Mower Maintenance | Briggs & Stratton FAQhttps://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=b%26s%20rpm%20gauge

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why did you replace the flywheel?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads