Engaging PTO Kills engine

Consho

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an 22 HP Enforcer, I have bypassed the seat safety. I have put on a new brake safety plunger but when I release the parking park it kills the engine. I put my old plunger on a glued down the nipple, when I release the parking brake it works fine but now when I engage the PTO it it kills the engine on the spot. Any help? Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

It beats me why every one seem to think the only safety device on the mower that is really worthwile has to get disconnected
And that goes quadruple for ZTR's

Your mower has multiple safety circuits and because idiots continually bypass the seat switch a lot of interlocks.
The seat switch & brake kills the engine
The set switch & pto kills the engine
The brake & moton switches kill the engine
A duff alternator & run down battery will kill the engine
A duff ignition switch will kill the engine.
A duff PTO switch will kill the engine.
Duff relays, added to the circuit because people keep on bypassing the seat switch will also kill the engine.
A bare black ground wire earthing out any where between any of the switches will kill the engine.
A short in the PTO wire can also kill the engine.

Relays are now being fitted so if the safety switches get bypassed the mower won't start/ won't run.
The brake switch has 4 terminals. two are normally open and two are normally closed

I don't have a wiring diagram for your mower because we don't get that model down here,

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
:welcome:

It beats me why every one seem to think the only safety device on the mower that is really worthwile has to get disconnected
And that goes quadruple for ZTR's

Your mower has multiple safety circuits and because idiots continually bypass the seat switch a lot of interlocks.
The seat switch & brake kills the engine
The set switch & pto kills the engine
The brake & moton switches kill the engine
A duff alternator & run down battery will kill the engine
A duff ignition switch will kill the engine.
A duff PTO switch will kill the engine.
Duff relays, added to the circuit because people keep on bypassing the seat switch will also kill the engine.
A bare black ground wire earthing out any where between any of the switches will kill the engine.
A short in the PTO wire can also kill the engine.

Relays are now being fitted so if the safety switches get bypassed the mower won't start/ won't run.
The brake switch has 4 terminals. two are normally open and two are normally closed

I don't have a wiring diagram for your mower because we don't get that model down here,

Yeah there's only like a half dozen or more safety switches on that mower. People luv the seat switch :thumbsup: