Electrical query

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
JDgreen
Handy fix for your lighting problem.

Off Topic question..sorry!
I'v seen tires like the ones you have on your snowblower at a place called Tracker Supply
that would fit my rims 18x9.5x8 I keep wondering how they would do on snow and ice. I'm
happy with the tractions I get from chains on my turf safe tires but wonder about the damage
they could do to blacktop, IYO does your tries work as good as chains on snow/ice?

Tommy

The wheels and tires are from an early 80's vintage Craftsman roto tiller, Sears sold them as part of a snow blade kit, it had a 32 inch front blade, mounting hardware, rims, and bar tread tires and chains to fit the majority of Sears sold tillers. The OEM tires on my blower kept going flat, and even with chains it had lousy traction as it only had one wheel drive. I put tire sealant (like Slime) in the tiller tires, added liquid weight, modified the blower axle so I could bolt on the rims and tires and get true 2 wheel drive, and added 20 pounds of barbell weights to the front auger housing ( may be visible in picture) to keep the front end from climbing packed snow. With the added weight and bigger tires (they are 13X5) the only time they spin is when the blower front hits hard pack snow it cannot throw fast enough. The only problem I have with the setup is that with both wheels locked it can be very hard to turn the machine, I usuallly just lift up on the handles so the tires clear the ground and slide the thing around. Never put the chains on this yet, the bar treads add enough traction on their own. And they look COOL !!!