Echo trimmer string always running back into head

juntjoo

Threads
Are you sure it is feeding in ?
Line goes hard with age ( should be kept under water )
If you do not keep feeding it out then it snaps off at the eyelet
Keep in water? Really? Weird. So being old and brittle it just breaks there? I was thinking it was pulling in somehow. Interesting. Okay then. How about a little oil in the water? Keep it Nice and supple.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Trimmer line is made from a bio degradable plastic so after a year or so it crumbles up and vanishes
What causes it to break down is the oxygen in the air and of course UV rays
People buy big rolls of line because it is a lot cheaper than do-nuts but unless you do a lot o trimming it will go brittle well before you get to the end

juntjoo

Threads
Trimmer line is made from a bio degradable plastic so after a year or so it crumbles up and vanishes
What causes it to break down is the oxygen in the air and of course UV rays
People buy big rolls of line because it is a lot cheaper than do-nuts but unless you do a lot o trimming it will go brittle well before you get to the end
Ah... Makes sense. And good news cuz I often look in my lawn at all the stray pieces like they're candy wrappers.That's why I see them all over the place! They're breaking off, not sucking back in. Good to know. They ought to put some nitrogen or mosquito killer in them too. Thanks for the info. Gonna prepare a jar of trimmer line softener

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you understand some trimmers spin to the right and some spin to the left? The spool sides are identical but is reversed so it so it works for both directions.
Take the string out. Flip the spool, put the cap back on, and reload it. Just flipping it loaded won't resolve the issue.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The best way to never have a problem with a string trimmer is to never use it.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I’m still using the speed head that came with my SRM225. The secret to it’s longevity is not bumping it on concrete or asphalt surfaces. It’s getting close to replacement time.

GearHead36

Threads
I’m still using the speed head that came with my SRM225. The secret to it’s longevity is not bumping it on concrete or asphalt surfaces. It’s getting close to replacement time.
The secret to equipment longevity is to not let people who don't own it operate it.

GearHead36

Threads
That too.
And, don’t loan your stuff out.
That was kinda included in my comment. Children, neighbors, in-laws... all fail to treat your equipment as you do.