Echo or Stihl??? which do u prefer

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Specifications speak for themselves. By the way...you go your way and I will go mine.

That's right the Specifications do speak for themselves so why do you want to keep changing them. The 225i is a commercial trimmer and if you have a hard time believing that call Echo. 1-800-432-ECHO. If they tell you different then the Specifications there printing online LIKE THE ONES IN MY PREVIOUS POST ARE LIES.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric said:
That's right the Specifications do speak for themselves so why do you want to keep changing them. The 225i is a commercial trimmer and if you have a hard time believing that call Echo. 1-800-432-ECHO. If they tell you different then the Specifications there printing online LIKE THE ONES IN MY PREVIOUS POST ARE LIES.

I called and was told they do not consider the GT-225 / GT-225i / SRM-225/ SRM-225i. To be a professional grade trimmer but they do offer a commercial warranty on every trimmer they offer.
As a rule most ppl consider a curved shaft trimmer a home owner model the GT-225 is as home owner as it gets but if you go by the warranty they offer it is a commercial trimmer

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I called and was told they do not consider the GT-225 / GT-225i / SRM-225/ SRM-225i. To be a professional grade trimmer but they do offer a commercial warranty on every trimmer they offer.
As a rule most ppl consider a curved shaft trimmer a home owner model the GT-225 is as home owner as it gets but if you go by the warranty they offer it is a commercial trimmer

I know the curved shaft GT line was a homeowner model but when I called yesterday the lady I talked to said that the all of there straight shaft trimmers were commercial trimmer and all the trimmers carried a 2 year Commercial warranty.
If you look online at there site the only thing that carries a 1 yr would be there chain saws I believe.

Last edited:

RER28

Threads
I know the curved shaft GT line was a homeowner model but when I called yesterday the lady I talked to said that the all of there straight shaft trimmers were considered commercial trimmer and all the trimmers carried a 2 year Commercial warranty.
If you look online at there site the only thing that carries a 1 yr would be there chain saws I believe.

Here in Texas they are considered homeowner models...in florida i guess they would be commercial............as far as you go, bite me u sorry *** stalker and trolling on threads is exactly what u enjoy doing when you ought to be out working and paying taxes..... i guess that is the kind of language you prefer to get into and understand. do us all a favor and go to sleep or break your iphone or take a vacation.

RER28

Threads

My dealer sold me a SRM225i, Easy Start. straight shaft..for postage overnight I will send you a receipt and copy of the dealer and warranty dude., it's up to you. just send me a check for $51.00 and I will send you the documents overnight in a ergonomically sealed container with a government EPA stamp of approval.

It comes with a 5 year homeowner warranty and one year commercial warranty. period.period.period.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
RER28 said:
My dealer sold me a SRM225i, Easy Start. straight shaft..for postage overnight I will send you a receipt and copy of the dealer and warranty dude., it's up to you. just send me a check for $51.00 and I will send you the documents overnight in a ergonomically sealed container with a government EPA stamp of approval.

It comes with a 5 year homeowner warranty and one year commercial warranty. period.period.period.

I am sorry your mouth over rides your brain we know it comes with a homeowner and a commercial warranty. Echo says it is a commercial trimmer and it is a nice trimmer would I call it a commercial trimmer no but echo made it and they say it is. I started out on your side but Jim bob you are insane you need to be on meds to control your anger. I know Ric can get you going but you have got out of control over this I might just toss my trimmer in the trash just so I don't have the same one as you. May god bless you

RER28

Threads
i don't need your blessing thank you. on this forum it seems that some users just continue to argue, argue, argue to to keep up their typing speed. I am done with this forum since all I gained from my initial opinion was a stalker latching on and not being satisfied till he was tired of typing. see ya. I will have a beer in memory of all the helpful and courteous replies I have received from ric.

May god bless you

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am sorry your mouth over rides your brain we know it comes with a homeowner and a commercial warranty. Echo says it is a commercial trimmer and it is a nice trimmer would I call it a commercial trimmer no but echo made it and they say it is. I started out on your side but Jim bob you are insane you need to be on meds to control your anger. I know Ric can get you going but you have got out of control over this I might just toss my trimmer in the trash just so I don't have the same one as you. May god bless you

Carscw I'm not trying to get anyone going although it's getting to the point of being funny. It took him about two pages of post to finally figure out he bought a 225i not a 255i, I guess it will take him another two to figure out the warranty. Maybe this will help. BTW RER28, I do work, I do pay my Taxes and I think again you have something confused because I don't have or use an iphone. :confused2:

ECHO introduced a 2-year Commercial Warranty effective on purchases after January 1, 2010.

The change is based on the success of the 5-year consumer warranty and the long-running 2-year commercial warranty already offered on backpack blowers as well as the lifetime warranty on ignition modules and flex cable drives.

This upgrade includes all engine-driven product categories excluding chain saws, cut-off saws, and QuikVent saws. These will continue to carry a 1-year commercial warranty.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
And I was starting to think this forum lacked passion.....
I've been following this thread for a day or so.
I personally can't see the point in arguing about manufacturers, but its good to see someone get riled up.
Hope he comes back, I like that guy, he's amusing:laughing: :laughing::biggrin::biggrin: reminds me of Todd Wall.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sorry Ric I guess I worded it wrong I was not trying to insinuate that you get people going. Anyways I prefer some echo over stihl and some stihl over echo but most important I do know what models I have and they are all past there warranty