Comparison Echo or husqvarna blower

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Echo quality is better than Husqvarna. There's a reason why Echo offers a longer warranty.

The Huqvarna warranty is a two consumer warranty, to my knowledge they don't offer a commercial warranty (correct me if I'm wrong) but just because Echo offer a longer warranty does not necessarily make them better, after all there a two year commercial just like Stihl.

MowerMike

Threads
The Huqvarna warranty is a two consumer warranty, to my knowledge they don't offer a commercial warranty (correct me if I'm wrong) but just because Echo offer a longer warranty does not necessarily make them better, after all there a two year commercial just like Stihl.

I base my assertion on the track record of both brands and the experience of pros like you who've had experience with both brands. There are quite a few lawn care companies around here and all you see on their trucks and trailers are either Stihl or Echo gas tools. There are a lot more negative reviews of Husqvarna than Echo, especially after the tools have been owned for several years. There's a lot more cheap Chinese content in Husqvarna than Echo. My point about the warranty is that Echo can afford to offer a better warranty because their reliability and durability is better. Most of the complaints that I've seen about Echo is from consumers who don't maintain their tools properly or are ignorant as to how to start them.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I base my assertion on the track record of both brands and the experience of pros like you who've had experience with both brands. There are quite a few lawn care companies around here and all you see on their trucks and trailers are either Stihl or Echo gas tools. There are a lot more negative reviews of Husqvarna than Echo, especially after the tools have been owned for several years. There's a lot more cheap Chinese content in Husqvarna than Echo. My point about the warranty is that Echo can afford to offer a better warranty because their reliability and durability is better. Most of the complaints that I've seen about Echo is from consumers who don't maintain their tools properly or are ignorant as to how to start them.

I agree with everything you said. You see the same here with the companies, it's either Stihl or Echo and they for the most part stand behind there warranty's. I personally wouldn't buy the Husqvarna just because it's the worst blower out there as far as noise at the operators ears. If anyone is using the Husqvarna I'd recommend muffs or plugs when running one.

MowerMike

Threads
I agree with everything you said. You see the same here with the companies, it's either Stihl or Echo and they for the most part stand behind there warranty's. I personally wouldn't buy the Husqvarna just because it's the worst blower out there as far as noise at the operators ears. If anyone is using the Husqvarna I'd recommend muffs or plugs when running one.

10-4 on the noise part. You can hear a Husqvarna blower a block away. The reason I chose the Echo PB-250LN is that it's much quieter than other blowers, such as the Stihl BG 55.

Threads
10-4 on the noise part. You can hear a Husqvarna blower a block away. The reason I chose the Echo PB-250LN is that it's much quieter than other blowers, such as the Stihl BG 55.

Yeah, that's why I like my Echo PB-255LN also....REALLY quite! Some blowers sound like jet engines!
(PB-255LN.....LN=low-noise)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

That's the one thing the Husqvarna has all others beat on, while the largest Echo and Stihl are running 74 and 75db the husqvarna is running from I think 92 to 100 db noise level at the ears. That's loud. :eek:

MowerMike

Threads
In all fairness to Husqvarna, the Stihl and Echo sound level values are measured at 50 ft, and are much higher at ear level. Remember that a lot of the noise comes from the air exiting the tube, and not from the engine exhaust. The longer the air tubes, the quieter the blower will be at ear level.