DuroMax generator 7hp will not start

toyota99

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a new DuroMax 4400E generator,I tried starting,did not start.Gas had been sitting in tank for over a year,drained gas and replaced with fresh gas,still no start,I
removed carb and cleaned it,still no start,squirted starting fluid,did try to run.
Until this,the generator always started easily.It sat for 5 months with gas valve closed.
Generator always covered and in shelter.Carb like new,Any help or idea's are appreciated.
Mower shops will not offer repair and DuroMax offers no service.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a new DuroMax 4400E generator,I tried starting,did not start.Gas had been sitting in tank for over a year,drained gas and replaced with fresh gas,still no start,I
removed carb and cleaned it,still no start,squirted starting fluid,did try to run.
Until this,the generator always started easily.It sat for 5 months with gas valve closed.
Generator always covered and in shelter.Carb like new,Any help or idea's are appreciated.
Mower shops will not offer repair and DuroMax offers no service.

Since it tried to start with starting fluid...it is a fuel problem...which you suspected.
Is there good gas in the carb bowl? Is float and needle working?

Are the carb nozzles clean so that gas can be drawn up into engine. Is the choke closed so the low engine suction of a start can still pull in fuel.

After the starting fluid is sprayed it still needs to be choked to get it's normal fuel supply.

Mikel1

Threads
Is gas flowing out of the shutoff valve?

possum

Threads
First do what Mike said then second do what Shifty said. And stop keeping gas in your generator fuel tank for a year.