DR Power Equipment SP 22 RWD Mower

Brandi

Threads
Hello, I'm seeking advice on a DR Power Equipment RWD Mower w/Briggs & Stratton Engine. I recently purchased this at a yard sale. It is a nice mower with cast aluminum deck. I've got it running nice. My question is the RWD does not feel right. Upon further examination, I just do not understand it. The belt is rotation when the engine is on and the rear wheels are not moving. When I engage the rear drive lever, the wheels engage but absolutely nothing changes with the belt or the mechanism. I'm trying to attach a video hoping for some advice. Shouldn't that transmission pivot? With the way the brackets attach the transmission, it can't pivot. The only thing part that moves is the arm the spring is attached to that does nothing. Thanks in advance. I'm trying attach a video but it is not working.

Attachments

• dr7.jpg
    dr7.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 2
  • drad.jpg
    drad.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 2

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Internal clutch for engagement. Tranny should not move.

Brandi

Threads
So, the there is no additional pressure being put on the belt as in other mowers but there is an internal clutch for engagement. That makes sense to me. Does the cable attached to the arm causes the engagement? It only moves maybe a 1/2 inch or so. Thank you Rivets.

Brandi

Threads
Thank you very much. Just curious, I like to tinker with mowers I pick up at yard sales and make them nice again. Is this a common setup for RWD? I have not see this yet in any push/propelled mowers. Again, thank you very much.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This setup is used on many of the cheaper push mowers.