Do you know what kind of mower this is??

FreshCutGrass

Threads
I just recieved this mower yesterday and i cant find ANY information about the mower online, sears didnt even have it on file. Its a 725 series, the model is 502256084. i need to buy a few parts for it to get it in smooth running conditions but have no idea on where to look.

Have any of you even seen any of these around?

Any information would be great,:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 71

okiepc

Threads
I have found a picture of it but thats as far as I can go, it said Sears on the picture.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have found a picture of it but thats as far as I can go, it said Sears on the picture.

Heres the picture of it. :smile: It says it was mowing when man first walked on the moon which was 1969.

Attachments

• 25165_huge.jpg
    25165_huge.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 35

okiepc

Threads
YEP, that is the picture I found, looks like a little more detective work is in order.:laughing:

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
YEP, that is the picture I found, looks like a little more detective work is in order.:laughing:

Yes, I searched and could not find that model# anywhere online, although I did find some diagrams of 25" cut and 7 Hp units of Sears and Murray that were very similar. None had the throttle lever up by the steering wheel though as this one does. :confused3:

FreshCutGrass

Threads
I also found "similar" looking rear engine riders but not one that looks like mine :frown: ive even looked it up by the serial number, i called and talked to someone else from sears parts direct and he didnt even believe me that i had this number,if i can remember correctly he even said that there was no such thing lol.maybe he was having a bad day, ill take some more pictures and post them maybe that will help. thanks for the interest guys :thumbsup:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you got the engine numbers? If you do post them. Some of us can backtrack the serial number to see on what piece of equipment that engine was used on.

FreshCutGrass

Threads
The engine numbers are 143-286032

serial 9354c

I called sears about a fuel tank and she said they dont even make them anymore,or ones that could even be adapted. So with a little JB weld for plastics i fixed the leak.If only i can get it to idle and throttle right :confused2:

I found a website that calls the engine a Tecumseh 143-286032 Craftsman,but it dosnt quite look the same and all the parts that i need the site says they dont have them lol

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The tecumseh model number for your craftsman is V70-125341C. You are correct that the fuel tank is no longer available. If you do a search on the net you should be able to find a manual to download.

msaeger

Threads
I have a 5/25 which looks identical to this one. I have found some engine manuals but not one from Sears for the mower.

I have attached the files I have if anyone can find the manual for the mower it would be great.

Attachments

• 692509.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • tecumsehcarburetormanual.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
  • TVM125.PDF
    682.4 KB · Views: 5