DIY solar-powered mower

touree

Threads
That would then be a solar powered ZTR rider... but it will most likely be much cheaper to plug it into the grid and pay for the electricity... :smile:KennyV[/QUOTE]

Before you posted this last bit, I was already thinking in line with that. Technology seems to always be taking care of the loopholes that tend to show up in the course of its advancement.

macky

Threads
We're getting somewhere :) Small lawns may want to make use of solar-powered lawn mowers and that's a good thing.

But bigger ones could take advantage electricity. Houses have separate lines for air-conditioning systems and other high energy-consuming appliances. Why not add overhead outlets at several outdoor locations for the mowers? Just a thought.

demhustler

Threads
Discussion about lawn mowers really interest me. But I'm bothered by the noise pollution and the air pollution. This is why "green" lawn mowing is something for the future. It can save money too.

Here's the link to the site: solar lawn mower

what-youll-need.jpg

its 5 watt panel... to have 5 kw (7.5 hp) you'll need 1000 of this panels
normally solar panel bank charging battery bank,- battery runs mower
to charge batt from one panel for 1hour run would take 1000 hours of charging - 10 hours per day for100 days

wall outllet - 110v x ~15 amps = 1650w (~2hp); mower normally has 5 hp...