Dixie Chopper Zee 2 - The best time of year to sell my mower?

wdrdoctor

Threads
  • / Dixie Chopper Zee 2 - The best time of year to sell my mower?
Should I sell my mower now,or wait until the end of October? Does it make a difference?
I own a dixie chopper zee 2 ,42 deck. It curently has 81 hrs on it now.
I was planning on selling it at the end of october,but I'm now having second thoughts.
Will I do better in maximizing my profit by selling it now,in regards to Oct ?
I do know that I will have more hrs on it at the end of october,but not an extreme amount more.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Should I sell my mower now,or wait until the end of October? Does it make a difference?
I own a dixie chopper zee 2 ,42 deck. It curently has 81 hrs on it now.
I was planning on selling it at the end of october,but I'm now having second thoughts.
Will I do better in maximizing my profit by selling it now,in regards to Oct ?
I do know that I will have more hrs on it at the end of october,but not an extreme amount more.

Do you mind me asking why you are selling your Zee 2??? Is it giving you problems, are you upgrading to another ZTR, generally unhappy with the performance of it, etc.??? Generally speaking, in early to mid-summer dealers aren't willing to discount their equipment. It is a "sellers market" because although the dealer needs to sell his inventory....the buyer usually has a much greater "need" to buy. In the Fall, the dealers are eager to get rid of their currrent year model on-hand inventory because the next year models will be arriving after Thanksgiving. So if you applied the same rules to an individual selling a used piece of equipment(like yourself:0) then you would be able to get more money for it now, rather than waiting until late Summer/early Fall. That would be more of an regardless of the hours usage on the meter. Potential buyers would expect to "get a better deal" in the Fall, so to compete with them just deciding to buy new....you would need to "discount" what you are asking just like the dealers are doing on new ZTR's. That is unless you"NEED" to sell the Zee 2 more than the buyer needs to buy one:0)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you mind me asking why you are selling your Zee 2??? Is it giving you problems, are you upgrading to another ZTR, generally unhappy with the performance of it, etc.??? Generally speaking, in early to mid-summer dealers aren't willing to discount their equipment. It is a "sellers market" because although the dealer needs to sell his inventory....the buyer usually has a much greater "need" to buy. In the Fall, the dealers are eager to get rid of their currrent year model on-hand inventory because the next year models will be arriving after Thanksgiving. So if you applied the same rules to an individual selling a used piece of equipment(like yourself:0) then you would be able to get more money for it now, rather than waiting until late Summer/early Fall. That would be more of an regardless of the hours usage on the meter. Potential buyers would expect to "get a better deal" in the Fall, so to compete with them just deciding to buy new....you would need to "discount" what you are asking just like the dealers are doing on new ZTR's. That is unless you"NEED" to sell the Zee 2 more than the buyer needs to buy one:0)

djdicetn I agree generally with what you said but I think location can also play a part. Depending on your location the best times to sell a mower can vary. Here in Florida the fall for dealers can be as productive as in the middle of season just do to the fact that our mowing season can be year around. Last winter was a fairly warm winter and we mowed lawns all winter long. If the OP is interested in selling I'd list the thing on craigslist when ever I was truly wanting to sell it and my guess is it probably wouldn't last long. The only down fall to his situation or to the mower is it's a 42" cut which IMO may limit its value or appeal to a commercial operator.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
djdicetn I agree generally with what you said but I think location can also play a part. Depending on your location the best times to sell a mower can vary. Here in Florida the fall for dealers can be as productive as in the middle of season just do to the fact that our mowing season can be year around. Last winter was a fairly warm winter and we mowed lawns all winter long. If the OP is interested in selling I'd list the thing on craigslist when ever I was truly wanting to sell it and my guess is it probably wouldn't last long. The only down fall to his situation or to the mower is it's a 42" cut which IMO may limit its value or appeal to a commercial operator.

You're right....I meant to add to my response a suggestion to user wdrdoctor for him to go ahead and start advertising it for sale, but to be ready to negotiate his asking price if it doesn't sell before late Summer/early Fall.