Dixie Chopper broken rear hub

rls63

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Dixie Chopper Magnum 2250.
Took rear wheel off to fix a flat and the threads pulled on one of the lug bolts. I removed the stripped lug and bought a new one. When I tried to install the new lug, it must have been slightly bigger than the the old one because as I pulled it through, it broke the ear on the hub. I can't find a new hub. It appears the only way to get it is buying a new transaxle. $$$ I tried but was unable to remove the old hub. Am I going to have to replace the whole transaxle or is there a way to replace just the hub?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
See if you can find the make and model of the Hydro transaxle and then post it. I think you got Hydro Gear transaxles but they are not listed on the IPLs.

IF they are Hydro Gear units then I should be able to find the info on the HG dealer site.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well it is a Magic Circle so they are well protected.

rls63

Forum Newbie
Threads
See if you can find the make and model of the Hydro transaxle and then post it. I think you got Hydro Gear transaxles but they are not listed on the IPLs.

IF they are Hydro Gear units then I should be able to find the info on the HG dealer site

rls63

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. They are Hydro Gear Commercial ZT-3400. I tried to attach a pic but it was taking for ever to upload.

KM Richards

Threads
If it still has 3 lugs left, that should still work just fine since the lugs are not carrying excessive weight... depending on how much the person operating the mower weighs of course laughing.gif

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Thanks. They are Hydro Gear Commercial ZT-3400. I tried to attach a pic but it was taking for ever to upload.
I need the 14 digit model number of the hydro gear. There are three 4 bolt hubs and one 5 bolt hub at least.

Plus you will need the hub puller to remove the hub from the axle.

1698438528309.png
Nut, Patch Lock 3/4-16 240 - 260 lb-ft (325.4-352.5 Nm) Hub Nut. So it will be a very hard pull as it will nearly pressure welded on the taper.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well the 2013 model used ZU-KPEE-3C0A-3JLX and ZU-GPEE-3C0A-2JLX. Both these used the HG 71446 hub (4 bolt).

rls63

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need the 14 digit model number of the hydro gear. There are three 4 bolt hubs and one 5 bolt hub at least.

Plus you will need the hub puller to remove the hub from the axle.

View attachment 67158
Nut, Patch Lock 3/4-16 240 - 260 lb-ft (325.4-352.5 Nm) Hub Nut. So it will be a very hard pull as it will nearly pressure welded on the taper.
I will look for the model number. I may have to cut old hub off with air hammer or something because I have two broken lugs

Plus you will need the hub puller to remove the hub from the