Dixie Chopper Acquired By Jacobsen Textron

bwdbrn1

Threads
Interesting. Jacobsen has a history of acquiring other companies to add to their product line. They bought the Johnston Mower company of Iowa to add their hand mowers to their line, Worthington of Pennsylvania to add their wide area mowers and tractors, the inventory rights of Standard Manufacturing and Sales of Indiana to get their rotary mower. All of those acquisitions were in the 1940s. Since Jacobsen does commercial equipment, I wonder if this will mean that they will be getting back into the residential market?

Threads
The only bad part is they dont seem to have crap for the older mowers they produced. I have looked for parts for some of their older mowers, and couldnt find them anywhere.

MRCo.

Threads
I've been doing months of research on what mower to start to deal and quickly discounted Dixie due to a good friend and industry rep letting me know of severe internal issues within the company. Hopefully this will get straightened out now...but I don't expect that dealers who haven't been paid rebates, etc. from before the deal will get much satisfaction...

buzzzmeister

Threads
The only bad part is they dont seem to have crap for the older mowers they produced. I have looked for parts for some of their older mowers, and couldnt find them anywhere.

Generally, 10 years after Jacobsen discontinues a model their support goes away also. I have a pair of HR15 mowers and am constantly on the lookout for unique parts, often times buying the last of its kind in anyone's inventory. The beauty of most earlier Jake models is that many of the wear parts are common, off the shelf components. Anything else, good luck and happy searching.