Dixie Chopper 2014 Zee 2

HerbW

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where can I find out how to replace the PTO switch? I can find nothing on it.

Thanks,
Herb

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is one of the easiest things to change out.

First connect the battery negative cable.
Remove the screws holding the control panel.
Disconnect the electrical connector that plug into the PTO switch.
Using a tool like screwdriver while pulling up on the PTO the depress to depress the four retaining clips and slip out the switch.
Now put the new switch by simply pushing it until four retaining clip hold it in place.
Now do the first three items in reverse.

Just those retaining clip can be a pain to get them to release the switch sometimes.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Those clips that are a pain and make the switch hard to get out. You can just take a small screw driver and break the off and the switch comes out much easier. The new switch is not just a push in. The new switch part no. 697534 has a pig tail on it that has to come off by pushing a clip and taking it off. Them you push the top part of the switch in and then put the pigtail back on and plug the pigtail into the main harness. If You are using an OEM switch. They have had this switch for several years and I have not had to replace one yet.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Those clips that are a pain and make the switch hard to get out. You can just take a small screw driver and break the off and the switch comes out much easier. The new switch is not just a push in. The new switch part no. 697534 has a pig tail on it that has to come off by pushing a clip and taking it off. Them you push the top part of the switch in and then put the pigtail back on and plug the pigtail into the main harness. If You are using an OEM switch. They have had this switch for several years and I have not had to replace one yet.
Wait a minute...then why does the 2014 IPL shows the following?
1688137721499.png
which is this switch.
1688137956347.png
1688137889926.png

On top that I getting the following using the PN you posted.
1688145778252.png

Last edited:

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Item you selected, "4174684", has been superseded by "679534"
Part Number: 679534Price
$57.93​
KIT,PTO ADAPTER
Available​
Because I work for a Dixie Chopper dealer and have access to things you don't
pixel_trans.gif
pixel_trans.gif
pixel_trans.gif
pixel_trans.gif

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just because Dixie Chopper wants use the new Delta 6205 series sealed PTO switch doesn't mean the older Delta 6204 series no longer works. If the OP mower is setup to use the 6204 switches than why spend an arm and leg for the latest and greatest switch. Electrically internally they are the same switch. They just have a different connector and therefore need an adapter harness so it can be plug and play. Still being plugged into an unsealed wiring harness.

The new 679534 is $56.48 vs the old switch from eBay $20 or less (Stens 430-528 - Stens 430-330). Nearly a third of the new switch design.

BTW the same site that previously quoted older PN is now NLA and they are offering no supersede.

But there is a way around things like this by knowing the switch setup. Otherwords there is more than one way to skin a cat. The part doesn't have to be touched by the hands of the Dixie Chopper gods. I actually make more profit (percentage wise) on alternate parts while saving the customer's money at the same time.

It sorta like a customer that needs his Chevy front done. The brake shop is wanting $1300 when the parts only costs $300 plus shipping and that include new calipers, new pads, new rotors, and a few miscellaneous mounting parts as they come as a kit. It should be no than $900 to do the job so going to offer to the job myself. That is with me charging $500 for the parts and around 4 hrs labor. That will include new seals and possibly new bearings.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
This because
View attachment 65495
which is this switch.
View attachment 65498
View attachment 65497

On top that I getting the following using the PN you posted.
View attachment 65499
View attachment 65495
which is this switch.
View attachment 65498
View attachment 65497

On top that I getting the following using the PN you

Just because Dixie Chopper wants use the new Delta 6205 series sealed PTO switch doesn't mean the older Delta 6204 series no longer works. If the OP mower is setup to use the 6204 switches than why spend an arm and leg for the latest and greatest switch. Electrically internally they are the same switch. They just have a different connector and therefore need an adapter harness so it can be plug and play. Still being plugged into an unsealed wiring harness.

The new 679534 is $56.48 vs the old switch from eBay $20 or less (Stens 430-528 - Stens 430-330). Nearly a third of the new switch design.

BTW the same site that previously quoted older PN is now NLA and they are offering no supersede.

But there is a way around things like this by knowing the switch setup. Otherwords there is more than one way to skin a cat. The part doesn't have to be touched by the hands of the Dixie Chopper gods. I actually make more profit (percentage wise) on alternate parts while saving the customer's money at the same time.

It sorta like a customer that needs his Chevy front done. The brake shop is wanting $1300 when the parts only costs $300 plus shipping and that include new calipers, new pads, new rotors, and a few miscellaneous mounting parts as they come as a kit. It should be no than $900 to do the job so going to offer to the job myself. That is with me charging $500 for the parts and around 4 hrs labor. That will include new seals and possibly new bearings.
Gees don't need your lecture when the OP just wanted the part no. of the switch which I supplied. Quit being a parts nazi. The switch fits all the Dixie Choppers with electric pto except the Black Hawks and Eagles with the main display and start pad. Which if that one goes bad you have to replace the main display pad. Which cost $261.38. By the way I have never replaced one of the new 679534 switches. Never replaced a main displays because the pto switch went bad. Just because the main display start portion went bad.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well I am deleting things here so I won't be bother to anyone else. I will visit but not post as I do still data harvest and research problems.

Calling me a Nazi is the last straw.