Display View Size

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glad it wasn't just me going NUTZ ! :laughing:
Yep, 115 is about right (as long as it doesn't make other sites too big)! :rolleyes:

Stupid question -- I did switch to IE9 and now the menu bar and command bar are on two seperate lines when there is plenty of room for them both to fit on one line --- I can't get them to move to one line :frown: !

I think the fact that LMF is 90% text made the smaller zoom more noticeable. 15% I've found, doesn't do much, except to LMF....you don't notice it elsewhere.....

I don't understand what your question about IE9 is......On mine, everything is on one bar....there are icons for things that used to be buttons on IE8. How do you like the speed of 9?

I'll bet you still had toolbars (at least one) open in IE8....IE9 remebered all your settings from IE8. In tools (the gear in the upper right-hand corner) go to 'manage add-ons', and you can turn the tool bars on/off. I have all tool bars shut off.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I could do a screen shot if you like.

I think the fact that LMF is 90% text made the smaller zoom more noticeable. 15% I've found, doesn't do much, except to LMF....you don't notice it elsewhere.....

I don't understand what your question about IE9 is......On mine, everything is on one bar....there are icons for things that used to be buttons on IE8. How do you like the speed of 9? It was SLOW until I ran Registry Mechanic after the upgrade. Now it seems to be about the same as IE 8 - we have a Verizon air card for internet connection - lucky I got it when they were offering an unlimited plan and won't give that up.

I'll bet you still had toolbars (at least one) open in IE8 yes the command bar and menu bar were in (on) the same row in IE8, but now o two rows and the tabs are up on the top row (I know I can put them on their own row, but I can't get he menu and command bars on the same line - I'll learn to live with it, ....IE9 remebered all your settings from IE8. In tools (the gear in the upper right-hand corner) go to 'manage add-ons', and you can turn the tool bars on/off. I have all tool bars shut off.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
LMF screenshot.jpg The File Edit View --- and the Home Page Safety Tools --- were on the same row before --- I just turned on the Favorites bar by mistake before the screen shot.

That'd help. Dunno what you're calling the 'command bar'......makes me think Linux...:laughing:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
LMF screenshot.jpg Had this all ready and attempted to submit and got "internal server error" :thumbdown:

That'd help. Dunno what you're calling the 'command bar'......makes me think Linux...:laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
View attachment 1782 The File Edit View --- and the Home Page Safety Tools --- were on the same row before --- I just turned on the Favorites bar by mistake before the screen shot.

My IE9 looks totally different from yours.....yours looks like IE8! The file edit print and everything is in that little gear. You're not using Win 7, are you? Or do you have a classic theme for your desktop?

Attachments

• screenshot.PNG
    screenshot.PNG
    251.1 KB · Views: 4

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have Win 7 and IE 9 - Classic view (I'm old and set in my ways),I get used to small changes, but prefer not to change EVERYTHING. :rolleyes:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have Win 7 and IE 9 - Classic view (I'm old and set in my ways),I get used to small changes, but prefer not to change EVERYTHING. :rolleyes:

AAAAHH, I see. Well, you'll just have to get used to the way IE9 sets up the controls, unfortunately. Don't think you can re-order those things to the way you'd like.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
OLD, but still ABLE to learn if I want to ! :laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
OLD, but still ABLE to learn if I want to ! :laughing:

:laughing: Then, I guess it depends on how bad you want to...:laughing:

I also go through Verizon (tethered to my smartphone), and the speed was almost doubled when I began using IE9. It was starting to really annoy me how slow things got.