disaster averted

edd

Threads
posting this so maybe it will help somebody avoid trouble or injury. was loading my superduty onto my trailer after cutting this morning and the trailer gate was at a fairly steep angle because of a wash out in a driveway. just as the front wheels went onto the trailer floor the front end came up about 2 feet in the air.hustler has what i call wheelie wheels on the rear of their mowers and they hit the trailer gate and along with the good LORD kept it from flipping backwards on me.i have noticed that the trailer angle is steeper since i went to a tow package hookup and away from a bumper hitch. never seemed like a danger until it was teamed with the washed out driveway. i am going to load mine by backing it on the trailer from now on.hope this helps somebody avoid a disaster

mowerman05

Threads
Does your trailer ride level or is it higher in the front now. it should be close to level

edd

Threads
it is close to level....the gate was at a slightly steeper angle because the ground under it had washed out some.....kind of like a perfect storm for an accident....when i cut on a slope i am always thinking and planning what i would do if mower turned over but just loading and unloading that was not on my mind......i dont know what the tipping point is for a mower on a trailer gate but even under normal level circumstances the gate angle is probly more than 15 degrees....i load by backing up the gate now.......a hard lesson learned easy.....hope this helps somebody