Digital Battery Load testers what Load

Jaydee53

Threads
Hi I have a tech question, I want to buy a digital battery load tester like the Konnwei kw208 & many others on Amazon they says they r a battery load tester but fail to say what the load is as in how many amps. I’ve seen the old anolog type battery load tester that have a 100 amp load for a 10 sec test. I myself think if any load is put on these digital it’s gotta be 1 amp or lest.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The new battery testers calculate the amp capacity by measuring the internal resistance of the battery and the voltage. I have 3 different ones and they all get the same readings. They will tell you voltage, state of charge and state of health and CCA amps.

Jaydee53

Threads
The new battery testers calculate the amp capacity by measuring the internal resistance of the battery and the voltage. I have 3 different ones and they all get the same readings. They will tell you voltage, state of charge and state of health and CCA amps.
Thanks for your reply, so if I get u right these new digital battery testers don’t really put any load on the battery.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Personally I would recommend a tester where you can actually put a load on the battery. Being an old fart I would like to see if the battery can take a load, not have guess whether a cell may be bad or not. I’ve been using my old Snap On analog which tells me the condition of the battery, but that might not be cost efficient for the average DIY guy.

Jaydee53

Threads
Thanks for your reply, so if I get u right these new digital battery testers don’t really put any load on the battery.
One last question it sound like u could measure the resistance with a multimeter then do some math & u should be able I to the same as the fancy battery tester???? By the way do u know the math to do this??

Jaydee53

Threads
By the way what make & model r your tester assumeing u like them enough to recommend them

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry but you’re out of luck with my model. It is a model YA201 which not around anymore. Only way to find one is get lucky on FleaBay, but remember “BUYER BEWARE “. Make sure you have a good seller and have a good old auto mechanic test it out.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
By the way what make & model r your tester assumeing u like them enough to recommend them
I have the harbor freight one. Don't get it. The Topdon AB101 is a good basic one. And the Topdon BT100 is my favorite one.