DGT6000 PTO doesn't engage

RustyDGT6000

Threads
So last year I picked up a used DGT6000 when here in the north east there were literally no new riders for sale anywhere. Paid a bit more than I wanted to for it but was in need as we had just moved and the guy had loads of extra stuff. He had extras of everything... blades, switches, spring refresh kits, I mean everything. It was easy to see he had taken care of it.

At the end of the fall season as I was using it to pick up leaves, the PTO cut out on me. Engine kept running and I figured maybe it was just "HOT" and needed to cool down. Unfortunately this wasn't the case. So here I am. I know it could use a tune-up but I don't really want to get down and dirty until I figure out what the issue.

Here's what I've done/what I know:
New battery
PTO clicks when attached directly to 12v.
PTO checks 3.4 ohms for resistance.
Checked all safety switches.
Fuse is not blown.

Where do I go from here? I was going to dig up a wiring diagram and check to see I'm getting 12v to all the switch plugs. Also do those 2 checks of the PTO mean the PTO isn't the problem or could it still be bad?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
There could be several models with that number. How about the actual model number and serial?

Do you know how to use a volt meter to test things?

RustyDGT6000

Threads
There could be several models with that number. How about the actual model number and serial?

Do you know how to use a volt meter to test things?
Model 917.275282
And yes as I said above I checked the resistance on the PTO as well as the safety switches for continuity so I can use a multimeter.

Thanks

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Determine whether the problem is on the 12V+ side of the clutch or the ground side. See if you are getting 12V+ to the clutch. If you are then follow the ground. The schematic is from an online manual using the model you provided.

1649999631645.png

RustyDGT6000

Threads
Determine whether the problem is on the 12V+ side of the clutch or the ground side. See if you are getting 12V+ to the clutch. If you are then follow the ground. The schematic is from an online manual using the model you provided.

View attachment 60126
Excellent!! This is what I was looking for! I will start on this tomorrow barring rain.
Thanks!

RustyDGT6000

Threads
Didn't even need to wait till the weekend!! Found a ground that either was rubbing against something, or some creature chewed it in half!!!! Cleaned it up and spliced it back and now we are running like a champ. Thanks so much for the wiring diagram! I would have been lost for sure without it!

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Google can be your friend sometimes. Glad it worked out.