Deere X300 48" opinions

DeereDreamer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've enjoyed lurking on this forum (especially the Snapper area) and finally decided to sign up!

I'm considering the X300 with the 48" deck and powerflow bagger and wanted to see if any of you could give any advice regarding this combination. It seems like the majority of the x300's I've seen have the standard bagger and 42" deck.

I have about a half acre (closer to 3/4 really) that's completely flat with no obstacles except for a large tree in the front and one in the back. I don't use any ground engaging equipment and never pull any attachments. I would mainly bag in the fall, but occasionally would during the spring and summer for special occasions.

I've always wanted a John Deere and would like to support the "dealer network" more than the big box stores. I've read several complaints about the Tuff Torq hydros so that's been weighing on my mind, but I also live about 30 minutes from TT so I could drop by to get replacement parts if needed.

Do any of you have any comments you'd like to share?The JD warranty seems hard to beat and the dealer is extremely close by should I have issues. The rebate for $500 through Fedruary is also enticing.

Thanks in advance,
Sid. :smile:

pile81

Threads
X300 is a great unit.....it has an awesome warranty as well...plenty of power to support the deck, and powerflo system...

pile81

Threads
im not sure off hand but im almost positive it does....

CZLawnCare

Threads
No they dont, i have the x304 with the 42" deck and if youre buying it new i would highly recommend upgrading to the 304 because the 4 wheel steer will come in handy more than you would think

Threads
No they dont, i have the x304 with the 42" deck and if youre buying it new i would highly recommend upgrading to the 304 because the 4 wheel steer will come in handy more than you would think

Yeah, I heard the 4-wheel-steer is nice! It's almost like having a zero-turn and a lawn tractor in one machine. :thumbsup: Well, you can't turn with a 0-degree turning radius like with a zero-turn, but it's close.
john deere X304.jpg
(http://getatractor.com/wp-content/u...Deere-X304-4-Wheel-Turn-Mower-Tractor-001.jpg)

Last edited:

pile81

Threads
This is a 42 and its equipped with deck washout....

2187394-634885351979017816.jpeg

DeereDreamer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for all the comments and reviews guys! Do any of you have experience with removing the powerflow blower from the deck? The only thing holding me back is how much (or how little) work it takes to remove just the blower and leave the bags and bracket attached.

Thanks!

pile81

Threads
Its simple remove the belt from the deck pulley and basically lift the blower off