deck help

society909

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everybody
I have a cub cadet RZT 42. With a w/42 deck
Model 17BA5A4G709
The deck is rusted out and I need a new one can someone tell me what other decks fit it?
I called the local parts place told them I needed a new deck shell for my model # he told me I need part #603-04157 it would cost $325. I searched the internet for that part # and a lot of sites said that part# is no longer available I did see that part on a site called cub cadet parts and more that had that# listed for $191.48 but right below it it had another part # 903-04335c-0716 for $307. I called parts and more to ask what the difference is. He got my model and serial # and said I needed the more expensive 907#. But what is the difference I asked? He said the color code is different. I said I don't care if its a different color as long as it works. He said the 603# won't work I need the 903# but couldn't explain why they are different other than the color.
So now I am more confused than ever. I have 2 different parts places telling me I need two different part# for a deck shell for the same mower. Each place telling me the other # won't work

society909

Forum Newbie
Threads
After calling cub cadet customer service I found out both part# are for the same part. I went back to cub cadet parts and more website and ordered the one that was listed for $191. I got a email from them today telling me that part is no longer available and the other one is for $307
Bait and switch watch out for cub cadet parts and more :mad: