Deal for today

Mike88se

Threads
Got a Craftsman edger for $30. Cleaned the carb and runs like new. Looks new too. Thought the 4hp might come in handy for those overgrown lawns where the Stihl struggles.
4_11_15_003.JPG
Bought an Echo power pruner for $50. Bought a new carb for $20 and runs perfect. Sold it for $150 and wish I hadn't.
4_10_15_012.JPG

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good deal on the edger.
I use one on first time edge jobs.

Mike88se

Threads
There it is. My customers generally neglect all lawn maintenance for a couple of months in what passes for winter down here. Among other problems that creates is the trench is gone come springttime. Also I get customers who just don't have lawnwork done period until they absolutely have to. The Stihl is good but it struggles (and I do too lol) under those conditions

Mike88se

Threads
Got a couple of scores today I think. The first one was okay. Honda HRT216tda for $70. It needs a new carb. The second deal may be better I'm thinking. I picked up 2 '08 Toro 22187s.
One runs but is gonna need carb work and an air filter & filter base. The other needs a new carb, air filter and the entire housing, and a new starter. They both have FJ180s and both have working transmissions. Bags too but they'd need patching. They're pretty ratty looking but but I think I'll fix the carb on the one and keep it. Maybe fix the other and sell it. Got both for $100.
attachment.php

attachment.php

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Got a couple of scores today I think. The first one was okay. Honda HRT216tda for $70. It needs a new carb. The second deal may be better I'm thinking. I picked up 2 '08 Toro 22187s.
One runs but is gonna need carb work and an air filter & filter base. The other needs a new carb, air filter and the entire housing, and a new starter. They both have FJ180s and both have working transmissions. Bags too but they'd need patching. They're pretty ratty looking but but I think I'll fix the carb on the one and keep it. Maybe fix the other and sell it. Got both for $100.

Man those torso are shot. You can tell a commercial outfit used them until they started dying (test compression) then they started picking them for parts. Bad juju man

Mike88se

Threads
Man those torso are shot. You can tell a commercial outfit used them until they started dying (test compression) then they started picking them for parts. Bad juju man

Hard to believe they're barely 7 years old. The owner got his moneys worth out of them didn't they? Its a risk but we'll see how it turns out. The one I got to fire up sounds healthy. The other one... seems like it has god compression but theres a lot of expensive parts missing. Worst case scenario I sell the tranny and whatever else might be worth something. I was shocked at how expensive FJ parts are and how cheap new FJ engines are. If I can sell enough parts off the one to get the other one in shape I'll be happy.
The guy who owned the Honda was trying to rebuild the carb and got frustrated. Guess he didn't know a new carb is only 20 bux.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Those Toro mowers have seen better days. One needs a whole recoil and starter rope and a muffler plate.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Got this yesterday for $100 Guy said the engine was no good. Smoked real bad after 15 minutes. Ha ha the cooling fins was packed with dirt. Cleaned it up runs and cuts perfect. 1140 hours on it. image-1787505434.png

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is unfair! What you should do is send the mower here!

What a deal!!! Who cares if it isn't commercial. It can probably make you some money for a few years.