D-110

J.D. Dave

Threads
I was on here a few months ago and I'm back with the same problem.
My D 110 has a B&S model 31p6 77 0125 g5 I can't stop the surging, rebuilt the carb. then replaced the carb. set the valves none of this works, it levels off in choke position, or at half too three-quarter speed, air filter off, with my hand over the intake, ignition coil throws a good spark.
Thanks in advance

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Carb running lean. May need low speed (idle) jet resized if Nikki involved. Late models used the Ruixing which I had not much much experience with yet.

I ran across this on an after market Nikki clone where even there was mixture adjustment screw there was a jet install that had to be resized. The engine was surging a lot until opened up the jet.

Last edited:

J.D. Dave

Threads
The surging stops when I hold the governor arm in position, could this be a governor problem and if it is what can be done to correct it?
Thanks for the replies

J.D. Dave

Threads
I did not tamper with the governor, what I did was to remove that after-market carb. (after-market I should have known) and replace it with the original one that I had rebuilt, it seemed too do much better, if that doesn't solve my problem I will get a carb. from J D, any suggestions as to where I can get a carb. just let me know.
Thanks for your help

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You don't have to buy a Briggs carburetor from JD; unless, you just like paying extra. Go a Briggs dealer or shop that buys Briggs parts. Besides you which carburetor to buy and the date code does matter as Briggs switch form Nikki carbs to Ruixing carbs on that engine on Nov 1, 2016.

You don't have mess with governor for it to start messing up especially when you work on the carburetor and the fact that governors and linkage do wear. You should; however, download the the Briggs Single OHV repair manual and follow the instruction in it on how to do the static governor adjustment.

Briggs Single OHV Repair Manual