Cub Cadet Z, SX54

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I was thinking more those models I work on that have mechanical interlock brakes so I am also off base too as I didn't consider electrical interlocks.

And that Cub steering system looks to be a nightmare to work on. I have been lucky on only need to work on the JD SST16 here. Even it is a pain to operate on hillsides as you got to crab to the uphill side.
You don't have as many hardwood trees that drop twigs & small branches hat seem to get caught in the gears on th casters or under the floor plate & foul the linkages .

AdamE

Threads
I was not being model specific .
It was a generic answer to a generalized question about the stupidity of bypassing safety switches.
The problem applies to all ZTR's because there is no combined clutch & brake pedal it is possible to attempt to make them move with the parking brake still applied .
Thankfully the 2 customers with steering wheel Cubs finally sold them so I don't have to work on these POS any more .
Good idea in theory, same as the smart ignition switch but a bad idea in practice because the designers have never worked in a repair shop or probably even driven a ride on mower .
Not all safety switches are bad to bypass. My old Cub 2165 has a switch that shut the PTO off whenever you went into reverse. I HAD to stop that crap.