cub cadet xt1 mtd motor surging

ACF

Threads
i have a cub cadet xt1 model number 13a8a1cs010 with the following engine mtd 547cc model 1tm1qcd449 / 4x90hu the mower starts up great but will surge at low throttle and when you increase throttle will still surge but when you engage blades the surging goes away and mower runs great, concerned about surging problem any clues as to what would cause this and any repairs to correct if possible, air filter new new plug
thanks for any help

GearHead36

Threads
What happened before this? Did it run great for the previous 4 times it's been used this year? Or is this the first time it's been cranked this year? Is the fuel fresh?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That system is classic to a dirty carb. More specifically the idle circuit in the carb has a restriction preventing proper fuel delivery. Need to remove and clean the carb and install a carb repair kit or replace the carb depending on price difference.

ACF

Threads
has any one had any luck cleaning the low idle on a huayi carb

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most carbs are cleanable with ultrasonics using just soap and water. I avoid chemical cleaners nowadays as they can damage plastic and rubber parts. May take multiple cleaning cycles but that is normal here.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
has any one had any luck cleaning the low idle on a huayi carb
I have cleaned many Huayi carburetors. Main jet, emulsion tube, pilot jet, all passages including tiny Welch plug holes in carb throat. Huayi is simply a Chinese knockoff of a Honda carburetor.