Cub Cadet w/Kohler Courage SV720-10

jacksmedium

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower runs fine for 30 minutes or so then stalls and won't restart until it cools for at least 10 minutes.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Next time the engine stalls, check to see if you are still getting spark. If still getting spark, turn the key on and off and listen for the fuel solenoid click on the carb. those two things may narrow down the possibly causes.

jacksmedium

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower runs fine for 30 minutes or so then stalls and won't restart until it cools for at least 10 minutes.

ILENGINE: The engine has spark (I checked the plugs and cleaned them and regapped them), and I removed the plunger from the fuel shutoff solenoid and disconnected it from the circuit. ??? Thank you for your input. I have also replaced the fuel filter and coils. Oh, I have also used my air hose to blow out ALL debris from around the engine and clear fuel line beyond the filter. I also blew out the fuel pump. (pulse type). My next plan is to check the tension on the drive belt and possibly replace the fuel pump. What do you think? Thanks again.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think IL wants you to check spark as soon as the engine stalls. Same holds true for the fuel solenoid. Sounds like a heat relate open in the coil or solenoid to me. If you have spark and the solenoid clicks, then you need to check fuel flow. All this needs to be done as soon as the problem occurs.

jacksmedium

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think IL wants you to check spark as soon as the engine stalls. Same holds true for the fuel solenoid. Sounds like a heat relate open in the coil or solenoid to me. If you have spark and the solenoid clicks, then you need to check fuel flow. All this needs to be done as soon as the problem occurs.
I am beginning to think it is heat related too. I wonder of the new coils are gapped properly

/

jacksmedium

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am beginning to think the problem is heat related too. I am wondering if I gaped the coils correctly? I used 015 feeler gauge? When the engine quits I am able to restart it but it only runs for a few seconds. After that it turns over hard and I have to let it cool for at least 10 minutes I disabled the fuel shutoff solenoid by removing the plunger and disconcerting it from the electrical circuit.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Coil air gap should be .010.