Cub Cadet UTV

mystic240

Threads
I am new to this forum, so I hope that I am not out of place. Daughter and son-in-law just bought a Cub Cadet Volunteer UTV (2008). To push snow on their driveway (they just moved to the country). I am helping them because I know a little more than Jason does. First problem, it was 18 degrees outside and it will not start. It has a Kohler engine with fuel injection. After we put it in the garage and warmed it up it started. Then it grinds gears when trying to put it in gear. I think the engine is running too fast. We unscrewed the idle screw and it lowers the rpm but does no stay at low RPM. Thank you for any advice.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Appear to be a C465. Even that leads to several versions. but there is also C460, C470, and C475 models.
But will need the actual model number of the UTV and model and spec numbers of the engine.

Last edited:

mystic240

Threads
Model. 37AM46ED210
I can’t get the engine model right now. All I know it is a Kohler V twin with fuel injection

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well the model number is a M46E. Has a 31 hp Aegis Kohler engine. The Kohler is probably a LH775 or ELH775 series (liquid cooled) but spec number to find the correct parts.

As for parts IPL Cub Cadet is going have be contacted as they don't list a parts IPL for the UTV itself listed on the either the US or CAD sites, just an owners manual.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And since you you know next to nothing about this unit I would recommend at least letting a Kohler shop look at the engine. It may just needing a new TPS sensor but there is a relearn procedure that must done once it is replaced. Anyway the old sensor needs testing first.

BTW the idle speed once warmed up should be around 1500 rpms. Must use a tach to check this.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well the model number is a M46E. Has a 31 hp Aegis Kohler engine. The Kohler is probably a LH775 or ELH775 series (liquid cooled) but spec number to find the correct parts.

As for parts IPL Cub Cadet is going have be contacted as they don't list a parts IPL for the UTV itself listed on the either the US or CAD sites, just an owners manual.
They do but the OP has an error in his posted model number. Should be 37AM46ED710

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That would make a difference then. Probably find I why I like seeing images of tags nowadays as it is easy to miss read a number especially those lousy faded ones.

mystic240

Threads
Thanks guys, he is going to take to a cub cadet shop. Of course he bought it from a cub cadet
dealership and I don’t think they did a good job getting it ready to sell.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Thanks guys, he is going to take to a cub cadet shop. Of course he bought it from a cub cadet
dealership and I don’t think they did a good job getting it ready to sell.
That would best.. If just purchase it is the seller that should good on the UTV repairs; unless, pulled the old con job of selling it as is.

Just this last year I had one customer that brought a rider and got stuck a $800 repair bill for me to straighten out all the rig work. Yet that same customer still keep going back to that shop because he and the shop is so cheap on parts.

Timbuktu

Threads
Just my 2 cents but if it's anything like the new Cub Cadet snow blower 2X 30 EFI I bought last year, nothing but problems and Cub Cadet won't do any more than they need to help with customer service / satisfaction. I know this doesn't help you with your issue but hope it's not a Cub Cadet thing with all their products.