Repairs Cub Cadet mM48 kohler CV18s no gas pumping to carburator.

k-9s

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet mM48 kohler CV18s no gas pumping to carburator.
Hi guys, I'm having some trouble figuring this one out. Problem: No fuel being pumped to carburetor. Here's what I have done so far. I found a broken wire on fuel solenoid, replaced it. I notice water in carburetor bowl, I cleaned both tanks, replaced all fuel lines. I also changed spark plugs and checked for spark, it's good. I rebuilt carburetor and replaced fuel pump 3 months ago A this point, I'm thinking fuel pump, again. Thanks for any help on this.

Here's the specs on my mower

Cub Cadet: M48S

Kohler motor
model#: CV18S

Last edited:

briggs

Threads
Hi guys, I'm having some trouble figuring this one out. Problem: No fuel being pumped to carburetor. Here's what I have done so far. I found a broken wire on fuel solenoid, replaced it. I notice water in carburetor bowl, I cleaned both tanks, replaced all fuel lines. I also changed spark plugs and checked for spark, it's good. I rebuilt carburetor and replaced fuel pump 3 months ago A this point, I'm thinking fuel pump, again. Thanks for any help on this.

Here's the specs on my mower

Cub Cadet: M48S

Kohler motor
model#: CV18S

sounds like u need to soak your carb in a mix of 50% high test gas and 50% sea foam mix for about an hour then blow it out with compressed air ..also make sure there is fuel coming from the tank to the pump i would also see if u have gas at the pump its self ..Let us know what u find

k-9s

Forum Newbie
Threads
sounds like u need to soak your carb in a mix of 50% high test gas and 50% sea foam mix for about an hour then blow it out with compressed air ..also make sure there is fuel coming from the tank to the pump i would also see if u have gas at the pump its self ..Let us know what u find

That is the problem, Briggs, there is no fuel coming to the pump.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't under stand why you are working on the carburetor and spark plug if you have no fuel coming to the carburetor? Plugged fuel tank, bad fuel lines, plugged fuel filter, fuel pump problem? Once you get fuel to the carb. and if it still doesn't run then start working on the carb. You are jumping all over the place and you will never get it repaired spending non necessary time and money .

k-9s

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't under stand why you are working on the carburetor and spark plug if you have no fuel coming to the carburetor? Plugged fuel tank, bad fuel lines, plugged fuel filter, fuel pump problem? Once you get fuel to the carb. and if it still doesn't run then start working on the carb. You are jumping all over the place and you will never get it repaired spending non necessary time and money .

In my first post I stated the " No fuel being pumped!! to carburetor". The only reason I was working on the carb was to install the new fuel silenoid, which is in the bottom of the carb bowl. Oh, I forgot to mention in first post, that I replaced the fuel filter. So, I guess it's the fuel pump, thanks

"Hi guys, I'm having some trouble figuring this one out. Problem:. Here's what I have done so far. I found a broken wire on fuel solenoid, replaced it. I notice water in carburetor bowl, I cleaned both tanks, replaced all fuel lines. I also changed spark plugs and checked for spark, it's good.' At this point, I'm thinking fuel pump, again. Thanks for any help on this.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
That engine has a external vacuum operated fuel pump. Is the vacuum line hooked up right? I have found that the only problem I have with that fuel pump is that its made of plastic and the customer beaks off the fittings, but also it can be a bad fuel pump so don't rule it out. Just to make sure pressurize the fuel tank with compressed air and see if you get fuel to the carburetor to make sure nothing is plugged before replacing the fuel pump.

k-9s

Forum Newbie
Threads
That engine has a external vacuum operated fuel pump. Is the vacuum line hooked up right? I have found that the only problem I have with that fuel pump is that its made of plastic and the customer beaks off the fittings, but also it can be a bad fuel pump so don't rule it out. Just to make sure pressurize the fuel tank with compressed air and see if you get fuel to the carburetor to make sure nothing is plugged before replacing the fuel pump.

Yes, the vacum is connected, I'm sure that there are no clogs, as I replaced all of the fuel lines. Well guys, on my way to the parts store to pickup a fuel pump. I'll let you know if it soved the problem.

Thanks k-9s