cub cadet LT2042

jimnet

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. My 2006 LT2042 Cub has developed a problem. The rear wheels/hubs have begun to "pop" and wobble while moving the wheel vertically. Meaning, grab the wheel at top and bottom and push in/out on the top.

Imagine a wheel bearing on a trailer being too loose, same sound. But, there are no bearing at the wheel/hub connection. Thank..jn

jimnet

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello and thanks for the response.

I don't find a problem concerning shaft hub play. In your opinion, what is an allowable play in and out on a transaxle shaft? 1/8", 1/4", ??

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
hello and thanks for the response. I don't find a problem concerning shaft hub play. In your opinion, what is an allowable play in and out on a transaxle shaft? 1/8", 1/4", ??

If the wheel is moving in and out on the shaft. You can add a washer between the wheel and the transaxle or between the wheel and the clip.

Most will move about a 1/4 inch

jimnet

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the wheel is moving in and out on the shaft. You can add a washer between the wheel and the transaxle or between the wheel and the clip.

Most will move about a 1/4 inch

For those not familiar with the LT 2042, it is a shaft driven, not belt driven. The transaxle shaft has a male "D" fitting and the hub is the female match to this. The hub is then attached/held to the transaxle shaft with a washer and bolt. The wheel then bolts onto the hub. Therein lies the problem, there is a wobble (wear between the shaft and axle) that allows this to occur.

A washer can't be place there as the shaft is "D" slotted, not round; and a washer large enough to fit over the "D" fitting would simply slide up on the shaft..

Thanks....jn

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
For those not familiar with the LT 2042, it is a shaft driven, not belt driven. The transaxle shaft has a male "D" fitting and the hub is the female match to this. The hub is then attached/held to the transaxle shaft with a washer and bolt. The wheel then bolts onto the hub. Therein lies the problem, there is a wobble (wear between the shaft and axle) that allows this to occur. A washer can't be place there as the shaft is "D" slotted, not round; and a washer large enough to fit over the "D" fitting would simply slide up on the shaft.. Thanks....jn

Sorry my dyslexia must be working over time. Looked like 1042