cub cadet lt1045 blade disengages while mowing forward - what is going on?

bbizzle24

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / cub cadet lt1045 blade disengages while mowing forward - what is going on?
I am having a problem with sporadic and intermittent shut down of the mower blades while mowing in forward motion. Any ideas?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am having a problem with sporadic and intermittent shut down of the mower blades while mowing in forward motion. Any ideas?

Do they shut off when you hit bumps?
Sounds like the pto switch is going bad or the plug is loose. I would unplug it clean it up and see what happens. The switch is a little pricey but you can bypass it with a toggle switch.

Deerlane

Threads
If you turn your key back so like your going to mow in reverse and push the button so red light is lit, does it work ok? If it does, there is a wire end that brakes of the reverse ground switch on the right side of the linkage of trany. I think its yellow with a white tracer. If it goes to ground at anytime the PTO will shut off. The bounce of the tractor can make this broken end of the wire go to ground..... This is common on LT around your year. :confused2:

ZIBERCAT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do they shut off when you hit bumps?
Sounds like the pto switch is going bad or the plug is loose. I would unplug it clean it up and see what happens. The switch is a little pricey but you can bypass it with a toggle switch.

That used to happen to my Cub Cadet 1515, but now it disengage even if I don't hit a bump. I found the PTO switch online for $13.99 plus shipping. Do you guys think is the switch that is bad? I will try to bypass the pto switch this afternoon.

Usps

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1527 cub cadet and it is doing the same thing I have replace my engaging switch and my clutch and it is still doing the same thing. Any ideas could it be the same wire

Deerlane

Threads
If you turn your key to the mow in reverse and push the button so red light is lit, does it work ok?

Most all 1000 and 1500 series have the ground switch on the rear end. This is on the right side right above the brake. There is one wire that breaks off the reverse linkage, I think it's yellow with a white tracer. This wire gets moving around as you drive the tractor and if it goes to ground, your blades will shut off. But this is not the issue if you turn the key back to the reverse mow, and it still shuts down.

If it still is shuting down it after all that, it maybe the relay.

ZIBERCAT

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got my PTO switch last week but I was able to replace it yesterday. And now the PTO doesn't disengage unless I push/press the switch. Some people say that the the PTO shouldn't work when the lawnmower is in reverse, mine does work in reverse.