Cub Cadet 3 stage blower

Big Jon

Threads
I'm thinking about trading my Toro 1028 snow blower for a new Cub 3X 30" HD blower. Can anyone tell me their thoughts on the Cub 420cc engine?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
With want I seen it really didn't seem to move more snow when any other snow blower. Then I have only seen videos of them working. Doing they have one set up at your dealer that you can try?

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think I would keep the toro and maybe trade it in for bigger toro snowblower.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know my Honda single stage is kinda beasty

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would also recommend you keep the old Toro or trade up. The 3x is build by MTD, and enough said.

possum

Threads
MTD made blowers are the top dogs around here. They make good blowers. I would guess 90 per cent of the snow blown off in the snow we had several days ago was done with MTD made snowblowers. The engines do not seem to be any different between the two as far as type. Both are those cheap Chinese snow engines that about everyone is using nowdays under ten different labels. They seem to work just fine. I do not see a great deal one way or the other with warranty either. The triple stage is a new product. I do not like to be the tester of new products that I have to pay for. I would let someone else do the testing. One thing I do see worth mention on the Toro is the gear box is supposed to be so strong shear bolts are not needed. That is both a bit scary and impressive. If I owned the Toro, and it worked as good as they claim, and it was not worn out I would not trade it period unless I did not like it. If you just want to try the new three stage out my guess is that you can afford it straight out if you can afford to trade. So just buy it. Then you can sell one, or both, or none. Or buy an Ariens and trade both of them in. They are supposed to be top dog of all blowers.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
MTD made blowers are the top dogs around here. They make good blowers.....Or buy an Ariens and trade both of them in. They are supposed to be top dog of all blowers.
Ha, I have an MTD now and it's been great since 1994. Need something bigger, so for my next, I'm looking at an Ariens Deluxe 28.:thumbsup:

briggs

Threads
stick with the toro