Cub Cadet 2186 PTO Problem

Stewby

Forum Newbie
Threads
Seized bearings my guess. Usually the hardest part is getting the bolt out. You must hold the crank and use a breaker bar. clutches are not usually tight. bearings are held in by snap ring...good luck...

Rooster7

Threads
Update:
Out of business and necessity, I have been starting it with everything still engaged. I know, I know but circumstances prevented it.

SO, my wife was mowing and the deck belt snapped. I just pulled the deck off now, removed the drive belt and started the tractor. The clutch was spinning and there was small sparks coming off what I think are the magnets. (I'm kinda clutch illiterate) Then I pulled the PTO switch and the plate opens but its still sparking. Something isn't functioning properly.

Does this give anyone a better clue of what is wrong?

I did try to remove the clutch and the crank just spins. Not sure how to hold that either. Not much room there to get an impact wrench on that bolt.

I don't mean to be a pain in the butt guys but I take pride in my 6 acres and its starting to get long. :biggrin:

Rooster7

Threads
New clutch ordered for $200.00. Half price of what I have seen at most places.

benski

Threads
I hope you've got your new clutch in by now. I was going to tell you about using a length of clothesline stuffed down the sparkplug hole to keep the engine from turning over while you unbolt the clutch.