Craftsman YT3000 Pedal Control Rod Connector / Retainer

Threads
  • / Craftsman YT3000 Pedal Control Rod Connector / Retainer
Took my YT3000 Apart so I could get down under the seat, under the gas tank on top of the transmission.

It has a pedal control on the deck for forward / reverse like a gas pedal with a connector rod back to the top of the transmission.

You can see the pin that the rod goes over (there is a hole in the rod and it rests on that pin).

Question - what do I use to keep the rod on the pin to keep it from falling off (the manual / diagram has a retainer pin - but there is no hole in the resting pin on the transmission) tried clipping a retainer pin around it and that works but feels like it would fall off very very easily. It looks like there is almost wear from a circular lock nut or something on the actual connector rod but the manual / diagram only mentions a retainer pin.

Any thoughts on what I could use to clamp that on there that would stay long term besides a retainer pin? Push Nut Washer Maybe? Some type of small nut with a small bolt that you would tighten through the side? (Don't want to weld it on - lol).

Thanks for any thoughts.

PedalControlRod2.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Craftsman YT3000 Pedal Control Rod Connector / Retainer
You need an external snap ring like below. Measure the diameter of the shaft and subtract 1/16” for the size needed.
1691874634681.png