Craftsman wiring diagram?

nbpt100

Threads
I am looking for a wiring diagram for a Craftman 247.203791 riding lawn tractor. It has a 22hp Kohler with a 46" deck. I went on the sears website and nothing. I can get parts diagrams but not wiring diagrams. I tried googling for a shop manual but nothing helpful came up, If i knew the MTD counter part it may be helpful. Any way to cross ref to the mtd Model?
Anybody have this and care to share a PDF?
Thanks in advance.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
13AP79XT099 (247.203791)

Sorry but most MTD mowers don't have wiring diagrams. MTD just won't release them.

nbpt100

Threads
Thanks Star Tech. I got to keep trying. On the hood it says 1900. If that Helps anyone.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes it is a T1900 in layman's terms.

1713369023979.png

The problem you are finding is the same most of us independent shops have and calling MTD is of no use either. The best I have ever got of MTD is a line drawing a couple times.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes it is a T1900 in layman's terms.

View attachment 68376

The problem you are finding is the same most of us independent shops have and calling MTD is of no use either. The best I have ever got of MTD is a line drawing a couple times.
The truth is I don't think MTD even has wiring diagrams for their products. I suspect that the harnesses are third party and that company just builts the harnesses to MTD specs and doesn't have a set wire color schematic

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The truth is I don't think MTD even has wiring diagrams for their products. I suspect that the harnesses are third party and that company just builts the harnesses to MTD specs and doesn't have a set wire color schematic
Maybe they are just guessing at what they are doing too. Companies that don't have even the basic info on the equipment they are selling is BS.

It is like the Coleman go cart here where they can't even provide a decent engine part diagram with part numbers so we can repair the engine. It looks like they are just selling equipment and then when it breaks down wanting the user to just buy a complete new machine and junk out the older unit.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Maybe they are just guessing at what they are doing too. Companies that don't have even the basic info on the equipment they are selling is BS.

It is like the Coleman go cart here where they can't even provide a decent engine part diagram with part numbers so we can repair the engine. It looks like they are just selling equipment and then when it breaks down wanting the user to just buy a complete new machine and junk out the older unit.
Had a rider a few years back that had a faulty relay, and MTD tech support at corporate told me that model didn't have relays. The funny thing was this mower had 3. Had one after that were the positive battery cable had been cut while sitting on the store lot so they could steal the battery. And MTD wanted me to replace the entire wiring harness because they didn't supply the battery cables separately.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That the very reason I learned to make up my own battery cables. Beside those copper plated aluminum cable cable are too small being aluminum.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I tend to steal the battery cables off of junk riders for reuse.

nbpt100

Threads
They must have wiring diagrams. They just do not want to share them. I did find some on the internet for older machines like the Craftsman LT1000 and LT2000. No luck so far.
It is very confusing with out one.

I have tested every switch and they all work. The starter works. Charged battery and it won't crank. It may be a bad connector or ground.