Craftsman T3000 hydrostatic transmission grinds and won't move

turbozeke418

Threads
  • / Craftsman T3000 hydrostatic transmission grinds and won't move
I'm just wondering if anyone has had this issue. I've tried searching around found that I might have to drill a hole in the bottom of the transmission to get the old oil out and drill another one on top and fill it and then plug them? Has anyone done this? I can get the mower to go in reverse, but it will not move forward and if I try it makes a grinding noise. Any help would be appreciated. The model number is 917.203900.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the tranny is not total trashed doing that will definately trash it .
What you have posted does not make any sense
Nothing inside a hydro that would make a grinding noise in forward & work well in reverse
Lots of things in a manual tranny that will do that

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The model posted has a General Transmissions RS800P. This a CVT transaxle and not a Hydrostatic transaxle.

First there is no oil in this CVT transaxle it contain grease. Also there maybe an inversion control problem where it not going into gear fully. It may only need adjusting due wear of the plastic parts.

Only external control components are available if the problem is internal then it is a new transaxle time.

turbozeke418

Threads
The model posted has a General Transmissions RS800P. This a CVT transaxle and not a Hydrostatic transaxle.

First there is no oil in this CVT transaxle it contain grease. Also there maybe an inversion control problem where it not going into gear fully. It may only need adjusting due wear of the plastic parts.

Only external control components are available if the problem is internal then it is a new transaxle time.
Thank you. I will check out the linkage and connections tomorrow.