Craftsman R110 uneven cut

alexwink

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought my Craftsman R110 riding mower last spring and noticed from my first mow it's cutting unevenly. I've adjusted tire pressures and checked & adjusted the deck so that the front is ~1/4" lower than the rear. This model doesn't appear to have left/right deck adjustment. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A couple of things can contribute to this problem. When you say cutting uneven, do you mean not cutting at the same height side to side or it just looks rough? First, are you mowing at full throttle? Second, have you checked the side to side measurements at the blade tips? Third, is the blade sharp? Fourth, is this at all cutting heights?

alexwink

Forum Newbie
Threads
A couple of things can contribute to this problem. When you say cutting uneven, do you mean not cutting at the same height side to side or it just looks rough? First, are you mowing at full throttle? Second, have you checked the side to side measurements at the blade tips? Third, is the blade sharp? Fourth, is this at all cutting heights?
The left side of each pass is higher than the right side. I am mowing at full throttle and when I checked blade measurements on each side they were very close. I haven't really checked blade sharpness but it was a brand new mower last spring and it's been this way since the first time I mowed. I typically mow at level 3 but I have the same problem at all heights.

Thanks for the input!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the blade tip measurement, side to side, is within 1/8” I don’t know how it would be cutting uneven. You wouldn’t even notice this difference on a cut lawn. Only thing I can think of, is that the blade speed is changing.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
that implies that the deck is not the same height side to side. Use a ruler with it turned off to measure the deck and blade tip height. Make sure the tires are evenly inflated. If it under warranty consider having it serviced.