Craftsman r1000 throttle problem

r1000s

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, have had problem to start mower (riding) had to put gas in carb manually to start for some time . Now I open throttle manually and it starts it starts ,should throttle open automatically without me doing it ,is there an adjustment that can be done .Thanks Alex

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sit down, take a deep breath and type slowly.
What you have typed in is next to useless for the purpose of helping you .
Please start with all of the numbers from the ID tag under the seat
Then the make & model of the engine
After that, slowly step by step what is happening when you try to start your mower .

r1000s

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Bert, Just saw your post , well will try to decipher what I wrote , to start with I have been having problem to start the mower ,I discovered that if I pour gas in carb it will start ,Hope that’s clear . Well low and behold I discovered if I push down on the throttle linkage which is close to the carburetor that I don’t have to have to put gas in the throttle body or the opening of the carberator ? . My question is is there some way to do an adjustment with the choke mechanism so I don’t have to have one hand holding down the lever while I turn the key . By the way the mower is a

Craftsman r1000
REAR ENGINE RIDING MOWER
6 Speed, Shift on the Go
30” Deck

Model No. C459-60401
Serial # 1D165B20380
DOM 04 / 2015

Will try to find engine info , is there anywhere on mower to obtain that info ,Hope not asking to much .Regards ,Alex

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks like MTD made mower. Should be an easy fix. Move throttle control handle on the dash to the choke position. Loosen the clamp that holds the cable attached to the engine. Move the cable in the direction that fully closes the choke and while holding the cable in that position, retighten the cable clamp. and you should be ready to go.

r1000s

Forum Newbie
Threads
Than you, I will look into that soon as I can ,have good day

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The engine would be a MTD 4P90-JUD per IPL.

r1000s

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you ILENGINE is there a service manual available on the forums , I was studying the linkage but cant figure out how the suggestion that you made would work. Not saying your wrong but I have never adjusted the cable before and I have manually tinkered with the linkage and don't see the relation of moving the cable would help . I was just wondering is there a linkage system video or instruction around some where .Sorry for late post its just that I was locked out of account and had to get a new password and it wasn't strait forward ,was just able to log in .Thank you

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you ILENGINE is there a service manual available on the forums , I was studying the linkage but cant figure out how the suggestion that you made would work. Not saying your wrong but I have never adjusted the cable before and I have manually tinkered with the linkage and don't see the relation of moving the cable would help . I was just wondering is there a linkage system video or instruction around some where .Sorry for late post its just that I was locked out of account and had to get a new password and it wasn't strait forward ,was just able to log in .Thank you

See if this helps

1647122243659.png

r1000s

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just saw your post ,I’ll look into this on Sunday ,will keep you posted,Thank you for helping with this predicament of mine .I’ ve Had this issue for some time ,kept putting gas in carb to start which is not the best thing ,the gas prob went down cyl walls into oil.Just like to get this issue fixed .Tried to surf net to find info but it’s a pain getting the info ,wish I could obtain a repair or service manual some how .Take good care ,Alex

r1000s

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update ,not to much has happened ,been trying to figure out the diagram for the throttle ,been fiddling around with throttle and have actually taken the throttle control lever off . I also moved the cable farther away from carb, it seems to be in more in alinement now ,when I move the throttle control lever forward in the startup position it seems to close the throttle (I think that’s what’s supposed to happen )l will have to reconnect the throttle control lever to the body. The weather has been a little cold but it will be warmer tomorrow so will to get get a better crack at it .Take care ,Alex

Last edited: