Craftsman R1000 can you identify this part?

Waldo is here

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone, I really need some help identifying this part and telling me how I can put it back into the lawnmower. I just finished doing an oil, air filter, gas filter and blade change and while I was cleaning grass out from underneath the deck, I noticed this piece of metal hanging down near the middle of the mower between the back wheels. I found a picture of it on parts tree but cannot find the name of the part or how to reinstall it. Please reach out if you can help.

Thank you,
Susie

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Appear to be 732-05060 belt keeper with the end loops broken off.
1692051597175.png

Waldo is here

Forum Newbie
Threads
Appear to be 732-05060 belt keeper with the end loops broken off.
View attachment 66309
StarTech,
Thank you so much.. I used your information and still can’t find the same picture you posted. Can you send me a link because the parts places do not even show a picture so I don’t know if I am purchasing the correct item. Last of all, can you tell me how to install it or send me a video with someone installing it? I’ve learned so much about my lawnmower from watching videos and after 7 years of doing my own maintenance, it is still running great.
Thanks again, Susie

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First I had to convert the Craftsman R1000 to the MTD model number and look up the transaxle for the part number and then search for an image.

The only images I had found are over on Europe sites. As how it is installed it is held on by two screws (bolts) that are part the transaxle housing. See arrows for location on top side of the unit.

1692142003689.png

Waldo is here

Forum Newbie
Threads
First I had to convert the Craftsman R1000 to the MTD model number and look up the transaxle for the part number and then search for an image.

The only images I had found are over on Europe sites. As how it is installed it is held on by two screws (bolts) that are part the transaxle housing. See arrows for location on top side of the unit.

View attachment 66318
Oh, you did a lot of work! I would’ve never figured that out, so I thank you very much. It looks easy enough, so I’m gonna order one and give it a go. Thank you again, Susie.