Craftsman GT 5000 Wiring

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hey Berts. Yes, I'm still dealing with this junk when time allows. I can't find it but in one reply you said this ignition switch has one stand alone white wire. Mine doesn't. Hopefully the attachments get through and clear enough to see.

Hope your wrenching is better than your photography :laughing:

Take the red plug off the ignition switch and in good strong light you will see tiny letters on the back.
These will correspond with the little chart at the bottom of those circuit diagrams.
Take a photo of the back of the switch & the front of the red plug.
Put your camera on a stand of some sort & focus it.
If you are using your phone, straddle a step ladder over the mower and lean your hands on one of the steps to steady them while you focus & shoot.

AS for the other two photos, zoom out a bit because I need to know where those wires go. A plug is a plug is a plug.

Spikeit

Threads
Hope your wrenching is better than your photography :laughing:

Take the red plug off the ignition switch and in good strong light you will see tiny letters on the back.
These will correspond with the little chart at the bottom of those circuit diagrams.
Take a photo of the back of the switch & the front of the red plug.
Put your camera on a stand of some sort & focus it.
If you are using your phone, straddle a step ladder over the mower and lean your hands on one of the steps to steady them while you focus & shoot.

AS for the other two photos, zoom out a bit because I need to know where those wires go. A plug is a plug is a plug.

Ah, found the problem. Somehow I hit a button and took it off auto focus but thx for the photo lesson just the same. ;) Believe me, I'm a much better wrencher! I'll get better pics.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I worked for some of the worlds best ? stills photographers when we had the courier business so I picked up a trick or two when working on site.
Knowing how to take professional grade photos on site allowed me to make a profit writing articles for a few technical publications .
The dearest part of writing a manual is the studio time to take the photos so most don't have any where near enough to be of use to the layperson.
Professionals don't need photos cause they all speak the same language but then you have limited your target audience down to a never profitable level.

It is amazing what you can do freehand but holding the camera ? a foot away from you to see the image view in the back will almost never yield a print quality picture.
Even with auto focus and shake reduction.

Spikeit

Threads
I worked for some of the worlds best ? stills photographers when we had the courier business so I picked up a trick or two when working on site.
Knowing how to take professional grade photos on site allowed me to make a profit writing articles for a few technical publications .
The dearest part of writing a manual is the studio time to take the photos so most don't have any where near enough to be of use to the layperson.
Professionals don't need photos cause they all speak the same language but then you have limited your target audience down to a never profitable level.

It is amazing what you can do freehand but holding the camera ? a foot away from you to see the image view in the back will almost never yield a print quality picture.
Even with auto focus and shake reduction.

Here's another part lacking in the equation; I wasn't wearing glasses and never gave them a thought. That means the one clear pic was a fluke AND I glanced at but didn't give a hard look after taking each one, nor when uploading/downloading. When I say look, again, wasn't wearing glasses so I figured while they were a little fuzzy, they were ok. I went with it and that's what you got. Hey, look at the pics again using glasses OR get stronger ones; maybe they'll be clearer. :laughing: Thankfully, I only need them to read. Well, that, and taking
pics. :)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As you get older the eyeballs and in particular the cornea get harder & flatter so your distance vision gets better and your close vision gets worse.
I have 2 pairs of general use bifocals and 5 pairs of specific purpose glasses .
Drove the optomistrist crazy but he finally wrote me out perscriptions for
Very Close
Reading
Short intermediate
Long intermediate
distance
Then I bumped around the workshop for a week with a 40" rule in my hand to work out the distance I like to work from things and how good a focus I need at particular lengths.
Prior to doing this I had at least a dozen magnifing glasses all over he shop + a magnifier/lamp at the grinding wheels, chain maker, chain grinder, press, lathes, mills & welding bench.
What I spent in glasses I will save in electricity.
Should have done this years ago but it sort of sneeks up on you.

Spikeit

Threads
As you get older the eyeballs and in particular the cornea get harder & flatter so your distance vision gets better and your close vision gets worse.
I have 2 pairs of general use bifocals and 5 pairs of specific purpose glasses .
Drove the optomistrist crazy but he finally wrote me out perscriptions for
Very Close
Reading
Short intermediate
Long intermediate
distance
Then I bumped around the workshop for a week with a 40" rule in my hand to work out the distance I like to work from things and how good a focus I need at particular lengths.
Prior to doing this I had at least a dozen magnifing glasses all over he shop + a magnifier/lamp at the grinding wheels, chain maker, chain grinder, press, lathes, mills & welding bench.
What I spent in glasses I will save in electricity.
Should have done this years ago but it sort of sneeks up on you.

LOL! That's funny on one hand, sad on the other. Sad in that we've aged to this point but eyesight issues could've happened at younger age and things could easily be worse. I keep cheaters in both garages, bathroom (the library,) my end table and in my truck. I'm kinda like the alcoholic who stashes bottles everywhere. Ahhhh yes, it's all part of the "Golden Years." I remember growing up listening to older folks talk about that and I couldn't wait. Well, I made it and imo, so far, it SUCKS. I'll admit it does increase the number of new friends you get to make ie: doctors, nurses, tech's and so forth AND you get to contribute $$$ to the coffers of drug companies due to the increase in med's your put on which in turn helps the economy. Words I've grown to live by come from the old DuPont motto, "Better Living Through Chemistry." I don't know that's it living, but it'll do I suppose. Seven pills in the morning, seven at night. The 25th I'll have my gall bladder removed because the three doctors don't know what else to do. Seriously, in this day/age they don't know. There are no more tests they can do. I get bile in my throat, pain in the pit of my stomach, nausea, and it's been going on for eleven months. Eight different tests show everything is good, even the GB but reading online, every symptom I have points to that. This is one reason it's taken me so long on the mower. I've good days, I've bad days, with the bad being more frequent. Golden Years. Ha!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just a heads up. I am off to do some motorcycling latter this week so I do hope some one else will pop in to look over your shoulder.

Spikeit

Threads
Just a heads up. I am off to do some motorcycling latter this week so I do hope some one else will pop in to look over your shoulder.

Rode dirt bikes in the mid/late 70's. At work one night my left leg started hurting and progressively got worse. When I got off I went to a doctor who said I had a blood clot in it. I was going too fast and zig zag between trees when I finally hit one and the knee took a blow causing the clot. That was the last time I went riding which I had grown tired of anyway. Ok, my camera is older, a 5 meg with a 10x Zeiss lens. Tonight I took 5 pics of the rear of the switch and only one turned out clear but was so far back that you can't read the letters on it. I know about the letters and schematic; this was just a test to see. Good luck riding and I'll wait til you return to resume this. :thumbsup: