Craftsman DieHard

mowertitan83

Forum Newbie
Threads
okay so I have a craftsman DieHard riding garden tractor, it has a 22.5HP kholer command engine on it with the 50" deck and hydrostatic drive where the forward and reverse are off to the right of the seat. so my problem was that the belt was squealing and it didn't wanna climb my hill in the back yard, and if you accelerated to fast even on level ground youd hear a squealing noise until it go up to speed, so I assumed the belt was bad and it was it had cut marks in it and it was probably going to go out soon anyway so I replaced the drive belt, and iv replaced tons of drive belts before and this one wasn't as hard as some of the others iv done and I took lots of pictures to make sure I got everything back the correct way. the problem now is when I push the drive lever forward or backward the tractor wont move at all. doesn't even try to. I checked to make sure all the belts are spinning the pulleys and they are, iv played with the brake linkages and the movement lever linkages and still nothing. so im at all loss here on what to do here is the model number of the tractor itself

917.258914 is the model and just incase the serial number is 121597C001491

I find it hard to believe that the transmission itself could have just went out so I must have done something when I changed the belt but I have no idea what it could be so any input would be great thanks guys!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Is it possible that you pulled the bypass lever to roll the mower into the garage to work on it, and then forgot to push it back in.

mowertitan83

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is it possible that you pulled the bypass lever to roll the mower into the garage to work on it, and then forgot to push it back in.

well iv checked the actual rod you push up on to allow the mower to roll freely and its fine but it might be possible I hit the linkages underneath and got something locked in place because that's what it acts like, like someone has the rod pushed up so the mower can move freely