Craftsman 30 inch Rear Engine Mower Manuel PTO Lever Not Engaging

loyolarambler

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman 30 inch Rear Engine Mower Manuel PTO Lever Not Engaging
Hi Gents, Craftsman Model # 247.90005 R1000 420cc 13.5 HP Bought 2017, replaced Deck Belt(aka PTO Belt,) OEM Belt, replaced PTO Cable and new second spring. Lower transmission belt replaced last July, 2022, Upper Transmission belt replaced July, 2021. After replacing PTO Cable with spring, it increased the tension a bit, when I started up the mower today with the PLO Lever in the engaged position, the PTO belt was not moving and the mower blade spinning slowly, after a few minutes of running, I could smell one of the belts burn a little bit before I shut it down. I had greased the brake/clutch idler arm, moves free and easy, there is a spring, torison spring maybe, part of idler arm, could be weak? I had read a another post with a Cub Cadet with PTO issue and the thought was to check the pulleys and replace the 3 belts at the same time. I have spent alot of coin spinning my wheels with a local shop to repair this matter and they were clueless. Any help, direction would be greatly appreciated!