Mower deck Craftsman 13hp 42" 917270412

dantheman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey I am new to here. I had an mower who died. A friend gave me this mower that runs but needed new lif link arms. It was a little rusty under there. So I lubricated it real good. Installed the lift arms.
I turned them both about 1/2" clockwise. The deck still measures very uneven about an 1" difference between the 2 sides. I was wondering if anybody new if the link arms went in a certain hole on the brackets that support them? Any help would be appreciated. I can't seem to get them level.
:smile::smile:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The spindle some times just will crack around one bolt Hard to see if deck Is dirty Try and move them both should not move at all. When you set your height go from the blades not the deck And make front half inch higher than the back

dantheman

Forum Newbie
Threads
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...47/1509200?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=917270412

You may also want to check the spindle housings i have seen them break, and kinda lean sideways, and cause them to cut shorter, or in the dirt on one side.. If you adjust the sides, sometimes they will require more on one side than the other from worn parts, etc.

Thanks wjjones they appear to be solid. Should I be able to turn the blades while disengaged? I will
check for any other worn parts.:thumbsup:

Threads
Thanks wjjones they appear to be solid. Should I be able to turn the blades while disengaged? I will
check for any other worn parts.:thumbsup:

Sometimes the arms will wear, and the holes will be football shaped instead of round. Yes the blades will turn by hand while disengaged. If you have a good level surface just keep cranking until you get it leveled out. Point the blade to the side for side to side adjustment, and point them forward for front to back adjustment..as mentioned front should be 1/8th to 1/2" lower than the rear.. If none of the mounting holes are worn then you can just count the threads on the lift arms..set both sides the same amount of threads, and it should be level..if not something is worn.. Hope this helps..wjjones..