Blades Correct blades for 50" Dixie Chopper

greensideup

Forum Newbie
Threads
My neighbor has a lawn service business. He uses a 50" Dixie Chopper. It is a 2010 Silver Eagle model. The mower has three blades and they were recently replaced. When he cuts my lawn consistently the mower seems to be skipping a line of about 2 to 3 inches wide between the blades. in other words there is a line of grass which is not getting cut. I am thinking that the blades on a three bladed mower should over lap each other so that there is a uniform cut w/o leaving a line of uncut grass.

The owner of the Dixie Chopper told me that there is about a 1 or 2 inch gap between the tips of the center blade and the two outside blades. My question is what size blades are proper for the mower on a Dixie Chopper with a 3 blade 50 inch cut? What is the proper length of each blade?

Please post reply to me - Greensideup

Thank you!

The Don'z

Threads
My neighbor has a lawn service business. He uses a 50" Dixie Chopper. It is a 2010 Silver Eagle model. The mower has three blades and they were recently replaced. When he cuts my lawn consistently the mower seems to be skipping a line of about 2 to 3 inches wide between the blades. in other words there is a line of grass which is not getting cut. I am thinking that the blades on a three bladed mower should over lap each other so that there is a uniform cut w/o leaving a line of uncut grass.

The owner of the Dixie Chopper told me that there is about a 1 or 2 inch gap between the tips of the center blade and the two outside blades. My question is what size blades are proper for the mower on a Dixie Chopper with a 3 blade 50 inch cut? What is the proper length of each blade?

Please post reply to me - Greensideup

Thank you!
Blade length should be approx 17" long, DC part # 30227-50
I sometimes notice my 60" DC leaving grass lines but thats usually because they are dull or wore out, but if he's using new blades, maybe he needs to slow the mower down some.

greensideup

Forum Newbie
Threads
Blade length should be approx 17" long, DC part # 30227-50
I sometimes notice my 60" DC leaving grass lines but thats usually because they are dull or wore out, but if he's using new blades, maybe he needs to slow the mower down some.

Thanks for your reply. I think the slowing down suggestion will correct the problem. I recall having the identical problem with my mower many years ago but had forgotten that the speed was the cause of the skipping.

Greensidup