CONVERTING BLOWER TO A SHRED 'N' VAC

Threads
I have an Echo PB-255LN handheld blower, and after doing a lot of leaf clean-ups, I have found times where the Echo shred 'n' vac would come in handy (see it here: ECHO ES-255 Easy Starting Leaf Vacuum Leaf Blower Shred N Vac - ECHO USA | ECHO USA).
shred 'n' vac.jpg
You can easily turn IT into the Echo handheld blower I have, but you can't turn what I have into IT without some extra parts. I was wondering what it would take to make mine into a shred 'n' vac. (I mean...I know that I need the intake tube, the tube that blows it into the bag, and the bag....but what specific model #'s...because it is unclear on the website).
Any help would be appreciated.
-lmf :smile:

P.S. Yes, I know it would have been easier and probably cheaper to just get the shred 'n' vac to start with, but I can't think that far in advance! :laughing:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I really think you have way to much time on your hands. Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Threads
I really think you have way to much time on your hands. Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Why do I have too much time on my hands?? Because I want to expand by business and have the necessary equipment????? And if I do have a lot of time it's because, well, the grass isn't growing!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
P.S. Yes, I know it would have been easier and probably cheaper to just get the shred 'n' vac to start with, but I can't think that far in advance! :laughing:

:laughing: I don't anyone that ever thinks in advance, isn't funny when you buy something you always come back with, Crap I could have bought that instead. there's always something.

Threads
:laughing: I don't anyone that ever thinks in advance, isn't funny when you buy something you always come back with, Crap I could have bought that instead. there's always something.

Unfortunately, you are so right! :laughing:

MowerMike

Threads
You'd need to change a lot of parts. For example the fan on the PB-255LN is an Echo P/N E100000070, whereas on the ES-255 shredder/vac it is P/N E100000064. Then you'd have to buy the cutter/shredder blade P/N X413000010. But real deal killer is that you'd have to replace the left and right fan housings and grill, because they are different as well. By the time you're done, you will have spent more than the cost of a new ES-255.

Another thing to consider that a shredder/vac is much louder than a simple blower. Your PB-255LN has a whisper quiet 64 dB(A) sound rating, but the corresponding ES-255 shredder/vac has a much louder 69 db(A) rating, which means that it is more than 3 times louder. This is why the part number lacks the LN(low noise) suffix.

Last edited:
Threads
You'd need to change a lot of parts. For example the fan on the PB-255LN is an Echo P/N E100000070, whereas on the ES-255 shredder/vac it is P/N E100000064. Then you'd have to buy the cutter/shredder blade P/N X413000010. But real deal killer is that you'd have to replace the left and right fan housings and grill, because they are different as well. By the time you're done, you will have spent more than the cost of a new ES-255.

Another thing to consider that a shredder/vac is much louder than a simple blower. Your PB-255LN has a whisper quiet 64 dB(A) sound rating, but the corresponding ES-255 shredder/vac has a much louder 69 db(A) rating, which means that it is more than 3 times louder. This is why the part number lacks the LN(low noise) suffix.

Thanks for the info....I am SOOO glad you told me that before I went ahead with what I was planning on doing!
Thanks again!! :smile: